Neunaber Wet reverb for Shimmer and Freeze only? Or what?

Blue Bee

Is Wet (w the new upcoming exp) worth it for just the shimmer and freeze functions? Those are really the main fx Id use on it...

Or should I be looking a big sky or just some separate fx? Would that be better?

Last edited:

rufe

Silver Supporting Member
you'd be hard pressed to find 2 individual pedals that sound as good as the Wet and are as versatile, especially in a small form. Even if you only want to use those 2 functions, having the ability to expand and change those as needed is a great bonus.

stockment

I have both a stereo WET and a big sky on my board. My personal preference is to use the big sky for all things shimmer and hold related. The WET does reverb amazingly, but I do not like the shimmer or hold options it offers. I tried both of these options again last week w/ the updated firmware...and I still didn't like them. All of the Neunaber shimmers have too much predelay and have something unappealing [almost dissonant and too unnatural] in them. The hold is still too glitchy and holds the previous 200ms which is too long of a sample time to be very effective for my needs. I LOVE my stereo wet, but I am sticking with the reverb, delay, and occasional chroma [for copping leslie sounds].

lhama

I love these modes. They are fun, but not perfect. Which sort off appeals to me. I do want another, so I can use the regular reverb and delays more.

Blue Bee

So maybe the exh freeze is better and less glitchy?

I really like the size of the wet and Exp compared to the bigsky, and really would not use much more than the shimmer and freeze modes...

MogwaiBoy

Nah... though it does have a couple of advantages:

- A tone control on the held chord
- Reverb combination
- Proper trails

The EHX Freeze does something cool in the modulation dept that just slightly swirls the chord adding subtle movement.. But the Infinity Hold has too much seasick warble (high modulation depth) to be as practical as the Freeze for ambient music... ie: playing over a drone.

I'd love to see Neunaber add some modulation control (depth/speed) to their Infinity Hold software.

Otherwise buy the Neunaber for the Stereo Wet - it's effing fantastic. I have a BigSky on my board for the more experimental stuff (including shimmer and hold... which destroy the Neunaber's), but the Wet is hard to beat for standard lush/cavernous verb.

Trending Topics