Neunaber Wet Stereo Reverb V.2. Decay/Depth problem.

kuro na oto

I've get my WET STEREO V2 last saturday and I was very very disapointed.
Everything is OK as long as depth doesn't exceed 3:00, because when going
over that point, the decay isn't subtle at all.

I'm getting a lo-def reverb and I have the impression that I can hear the verb layers covering eachother and doesn't blend nicely with the guitar sound.
It ends noisy as it sometimes sounds with repeat delay function/knob when turned 100%, but fortunately without reaching excessiv loudness growth.

This is just when you let a chord sound for a while, but it's getting a lot more noisy when playing several chords, their different harmonics and frequencies kind of freezes in the decay producing a dissonant/unpleasant background and frequencies blending/ flapping, specially in the low/mid-low range.

Tried other settings with the Pedal Customizer 2.2.0 (former versions + Seraphim Shimmer verb), tried directly in amplified monitors, tried with my bass, it doesn't change nothing and i'm still having that addled sound.

I didn't heard it on the various videos on YT, which led me to buy it, but now I'm about
to return it and retailer plans to send me another one.

None of you is facing/faced the same problem with that pedal?
Could one/some of you WET STEREO REVERB owner please make a "+ 3:00 depth" test and make a return here?

I've sent a mail to Neunaber and they're asking me to send an audio and/or video clip
so that they can hear and eventually identify the source of the problem.
Maybe I'll post it here too for you to put an ear on it.

I sincerly hope that it's my pedal suffering of disfunction.
Yesterday evening i've read someone reporting close problem in 2012 with his mono version:
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/stomp-box/314674-eventide-space.html#post3953276

Thanks in advance for your remarks, return and advices.

crawz

Sounds odd and well out of kilter with my own experience. Great that the retailer's sending you another as a replacement. My experience of the Neunaber platform is that it's really not capable of anything that sounds bad or approaching unmusical. Rather, just the opposite. Most all of it's useful and musical and finely tuned toward that end.

Just to be clear. i don't own a V2, nor I have tried one. I own the V1 Slate and principally use it set to be the Echelon Echo. Within that pedal type I choose the 'scatter' algorithm with the PCS platform. I don't have the need for multiple settings or the EXP bit. But V1 and V2 have common algorithm options, so there shouldn't be a molecule of difference.

I think that you'll find the replacement pedal to be quite a different (more wholly +) experience. Expect to hear back from Brian and his team. They're very good about anything like this (which in my view is extremely rare in roughly tracking on all Neunaber products.) They'll take care of you. I see this all getting sorted out and you winding up pleased. Hope that's indeed the case.

tashiattack

I've owned one of the earlier mono versions and I currently own a stereo v1. I've never had any problems with those. I don't own a V2, but I'd imagine there shouldn't be a problem like that. You probably just have a defective unit. Hopefully the folks at Neunaber can help you out :)

kuro na oto

Thanx for your messages/advices.
I'm surprised too with that weird stuff happening because what I've heard from/read about the pedals made by the Neunaber team
is always high quality products.
I did recordings of the depth/decay problem but i'll have to wait tomorrow before I send 'em.
They're serious people and I'm sure they'll help out.

MogwaiBoy

Going over 3:00 on the Depth, you shouldn't expect a totally natural sound from a digital reverb. The Wet at high mix and/or depth does have a blurring effect on notes/chords/general clarity.

kuro na oto

Yes, the digital aspect is what I should have considered but I didn't.
Brian Neunaber sent me a mail yesterday and told me that too.
I was so mindblowed by what I've heard that I thought any setting will be great, including the "infinite quarter".
Case closed.

Veritas

Gold Supporting Member
Hmm, my v2 sounds incredible no matter how I set it. Hope this gets ironed out for you.

Trending Topics