Neural DSP Nolly Kemper Profiles

I just tried some Neural DSP Nolly Kemper profiles from the Kemper Rig Exchange, and I was really impressed. Other profiles of modelers I've tried ranged from meh to downright awful. These sound great.

Any have/use the real McCoy? I'm kind of interested, although maybe these profiles are good enough.

Also, how the heck do you profile a VST plug-in?

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
I just tried some Neural DSP Nolly Kemper profiles from the Kemper Rig Exchange, and I was really impressed. Other profiles of modelers I've tried ranged from meh to downright awful. These sound great.

Any have/use the real McCoy? I'm kind of interested, although maybe these profiles are good enough.

I'm a big fan of the Plini, Nolly and Abasi plugs from Neural

mikah912

Silver Supporting Member

Earlier in 2019 when I was rocking a Kemper, there were a number of profiles on the exchange of the Neural Fortin Nameless plugin and they sounded quite good. Not sure if it's the same guy doing them, but Neural's stuff seems to translate rather well to the Kemper profiling process. Wonder how they translate to the Neural Capture process....? :stir

ChrisVereb

I haven't done it myself, so I don't know for sure, but I'd assume you connect to an audio interface in lieu of the amp input/microphone. So it really ends up being a profile of the whole recording chain, just like a normal tube amp. Instead of amp, cab, mic, and pre being profiled you now get interface A/D, modeled amp, loaded IR, interface D/A being profiled.

Mango Positive

Gold Supporting Member
I just downloaded the trials for Plini and Nolly to see which one I wanted. Ended up buying both of them. I suppose it didn't hurt that adding one took 20% off the price of both. These plugins record so well, compared to hooking the Kemper up. I hadn't even considered profiling my new amp sims. This could be very cool.

Ryno1331

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a big fan of the Plini, Nolly and Abasi plugs from Neural
I just downloaded the Nolly trial and it's very good so far. Do you know if you track with them if you can record them wet in your DAW? I've only used UAD plugins so far and nothing else. Thanks.

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
I just downloaded the Nolly trial and it's very good so far. Do you know if you track with them if you can record them wet in your DAW? I've only used UAD plugins so far and nothing else. Thanks.
It's a matter of DAW and routing...
The answer is in Cubase you can print it while tracking (if you choose) by inserting it on the input instead of the track.
But I'm not sure if understand why you'd want to print as opposed to monitor through it.
If you mean monitor through it just insert it on your track. And make sure your buffer setting in the DAW is low enough to not give you annoying latency.

c0unterac3

So you have the Neural DSP as profiles on your kemper?
Do the profiles actually sound like the VST's?
Are they part of the free Rigs?
Are they just IN the rig manager? If no, could I politely ask for an email with them?

MrTAteMyBalls

I don't know about the profiles but the Nolly plugin is great. Really versatile and super easy to get a great sound. It's one of the only guitar based plugins I actually bought and use all the time.

Top Bottom