• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

mikah912

They've been killing the plugin game lately. This is looking kinda Helix-y, and I don't think (well, I hope not at least) that this is yet another plug-in suite from them.

FPFL

Great chart, Line6 has dominated in the guitar player tech experience. It started before Helix.
The original POD was a WOW! back in the day.
It's not even close given how long they've been at the front of the pack.

Elric

They've been killing the plugin game lately. This is looking kinda Helix-y, and I don't think (well, I hope not at least) that this is yet another plug-in suite from them.
If it follows their plugin they'll have six different modelers all with different UIs and with like one to three amp models per unit. :D

But seriously, hardware from those guys will be rad, I am sure... they are really in the elite class for plugins in terms of tones/realism, IMHO. They are kind of 'metal' focused in my mind... it will be interesting to see how much cross over it will have with their plugs and also what the model line up etc would be...

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. :rolleyes:

Helix is pretty cool , the industrial design for the Helix is absolutely killer... and it has been influential, but there is only so much you can do in terms of form factors, UIs, etc, on these units. You guys have stolen gobs of concepts from other units/products too. That is the nature of technology the majority of products are necessarily evolutionary. Not every single unit can or needs to be paradigm shifting.

Last edited:

FPFL

Loading Neural code in HX hardware would be amazing btw... I'd pay for that.
I have no interest in yet another hardware platform, esp from a company that may or may not have a bright future as a hardware provider.
Maybe there are going to do a kick-ass iPad Pro app? I'd welcome that too.

gtr37

Loading Neural code in HX hardware would be amazing btw... I'd pay for that.
I have no interest in yet another hardware platform, esp from a company that may or may not have a bright future as a hardware provider.
Maybe there are going to do a kick-ass iPad Pro app? I'd welcome that too.

Maybe it is a collaborative effort they just haven’t told
DigitalIgloo yet

FPFL

Maybe it is a collaborative effort they just haven’t told
DigitalIgloo yet
Even if he knew, he couldn't say. : )

Partner NDAs are often stricter than within company NDA.
The penalties are worse b/c its not just your secret anymore.

That said, I know I'm dreaming when I say it... but with the framework they put in 2.8.x it seems entirely possible.

mikah912

Imo of its hardware they need a lot more than a couple of Fortin sims
If they could add the Fortin Cali to the Satan and Meshuggah/Nameless (and Mike Fortin is clearly working hand in hand with the company. Even commented excitedly on the Facebook post.) along with the "original" amps done in the Archetype: Plini and Abasi plugins, that would be a pretty good starting point. I don't think they're shooting for blues lawyers who need a creamy, touch-responsive overdrive sound for their weekend gigs....

Trending Topics