Neural DSP Quad Cortex

Tiger1016

Silver Supporting Member
I think people were more salty with how condescending you were. You're doing the same thing in this post, I'm probably denigrating "business stuff" as "common sense" a bit, but what you were talking about wasn't over anyone's head.

edit: Also, please capture that Wizard MC. That's kind of my holy grail amp since I heard it on The Living End's "Roll On" album.
I am apologetically aware of where I had gone wrong. I am now cursed with having to live with the reputation and am at least trying to roll with it and let others have fun with it. I know I went overboard with trying to snap back with a comment that came off really condescending and douchy instead of snarky and funny. I hate it because, that is not really me and how I operate. I didn't play it right, I actually agree with everyone's offense to it, and I have made a few posts apologizing for it after the fact. And being honest, I am not well versed at all at snarky internet banter. Have never spent any time being active on forums in my life until recently when I started my partial work sabbatical during these crazy COVID times. Anyway, so rather than bail out after the mistake, I am trying to roll with it. My little comment at the end of my last post was an attempt to poke fun at myself and acknowledge that I am sure there are a number of people who have not forgotten about it and let it go, which is understandable. Hope this clears the air a little more.

And I do intend to freely share every single capture that I make of my Wizard and Mark IIC+. I am sure there will be some good stuff that people will like out of it. And I'll probably take some requests from those who ask nicely while or something a little different if I don't fill in a gap that someone is needing to fill.

timbuck2

Myself and I'm sure others agree with you in that they didn't do a great job delaying after a big splash, but I think people were more salty with how condescending you were. You're doing the same thing in this post, I'm probably denigrating "business stuff" as "common sense" a bit, but what you were talking about wasn't over anyone's head. I do agree there is a bit of fanboyism in general on TGP though but it hasn't been overbearing.

Again, I do agree with your main point that they should have just kept quiet, but it's kind of a no-harm no-foul situation. I doubt the delay is legitimately affecting anyone. I did notice that the manual was "delayed" until the orders were going to be shipped, I thought it was going to come out once the tier 1 invoices were getting sent. Regardless, I'm just getting antsy.

edit: Also, please capture that Wizard MC. That's kind of my holy grail amp since I heard it on The Living End's "Roll On" album.
who cares? when its out either buy or wait..watch for a while then buy or pass. its really that simple

Aaron Tuck

Questionnaire:

How are you going to use your Quad Cortex? I’m interested in hearing about your setup.

I’ll go first.

1) Recording demos - Straight into my MacBook Pro with the QC as an interface or using my M Audio M Track interface - into reaper

2) Live - home city - via 4 cable method into my Mesa Boogie Mark V and 4 x 12 recto cab.

3) Live touring - Straight into desk with a capture of my Mesa (maybe - depending on how it sounds)

Guitars - Ibanez RG1620X with DiMarzio super distortion and LTD 5 string B series bass with EMG’s

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
How are you going to use your Quad Cortex?
Pretty much the same as my Helix:
  • Practice / Recording via USB and listening through monitors
  • Live direct to FOH, monitored through house wedges or personal FRFR
Big difference is my base rig will have more outboard pedals that didn’t make the cut with Helix for size/weight reasons. On the PT-1 that I got for my Amplifire-based rig, I can fit my wireless, 2x expr pedals, FreqOut, PolyTune, wireless, Chronometer, and SY-1. All that will fit in the MONO bag I currently use to carry just my Helix.

pewing33ny

Silver Supporting Member
Questionnaire:

How are you going to use your Quad Cortex? I’m interested in hearing about your setup.

I’ll go first.

1) Recording demos - Straight into my MacBook Pro with the QC as an interface or using my M Audio M Track interface - into reaper

2) Live - home city - via 4 cable method into my Mesa Boogie Mark V and 4 x 12 recto cab.

3) Live touring - Straight into desk with a capture of my Mesa (maybe - depending on how it sounds)

Guitars - Ibanez RG1620X with DiMarzio super distortion and LTD 5 string B series bass with EMG’s
My girlfriend is moving in with me in November, and it's a NYC 1 bed so I'd like to be able to practice silently, especially because she also takes night classes and needs to study. I actually have a Suhr reactive load and Friedman JJ Jr but don't like having to fiddle with my DAW and get behind my amp shelf to move speaker cables around when I want to play silently. I was hoping the Iridium would solve that for me and it sounds great, but the lack of FX loop kills it.

I'm going to try and use the QC as an interface on my Windows box and record direct as well as play along with backing tracks from my PC. Hopefully there won't be any latency.

I haven't gigged in a few years due to school/career change but it was a resolution to start playing out again this year. I moved to Manhattan with a lot more venues and then a month later Corona happened. I would love to only have to bring my guitar and this thing to venues. Will prob play solo stuff with a looper at first until Corona dies down so I'm hyped for this apparently great looper they're putting in.

Will definitely try the 4 cable method with the Friedman too, but anticipating keeping my traditional pedalboard/amp rig around.

FuzzFacetious

There are wayyy too many pages to read back through - The gist I have is that this is supposed to be the next flagship product to outbench any of the current gear on the market ... Can I get a brief summary (preferably written but also including a video or two that give good examples/overviews) of what is special about it, expected pricing and whether it is expected to provide a huge improvement over the AMAZING Boss GT1000 ?

I really don't have time to read back through all of this, but I am interested in knowing more... Thanks in advance!

Mrkiammi

There are wayyy too many pages to read back through - The gist I have is that this is supposed to be the next flagship product to outbench any of the current gear on the market ... Can I get a brief summary (preferably written but also including a video or two that give good examples/overviews) of what is special about it, expected pricing and whether it is expected to provide a huge improvement over the AMAZING Boss GT1000 ?

I really don't have time to read back through all of this, but I am interested in knowing more... Thanks in advance!
Read the neural dsp blogs and you are all good

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
Questionnaire:

I’ll go first.

Everything except recording. I'll use my MOTU M4 for that going into Studio One Pro with Ampire and BIAS FX.
Quad Cortex to FOH (stereo) with the amp out going into a Quilter Pro Block 200 going into a boutique 1x12 for stage volume.

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member

I have the GT-1000.

Pluses over that:
  • Smaller, more horsepower, colour touch screen
  • Improved amp models
  • Ability to capture amps and pedals - they'll be plenty of third party amp captures too a la Kemper
  • Easier sharing of patches
  • More IR slots
  • More knobs to assign to parameters (each footswitch does dual duty as a knob)
Negatives:
  • No iPad interface so you'll be bending over the unit to make adjustments
  • Currently only supports patch backups to Neural's site. Can't save patches or even multiple versions to any other cloud service
  • No pedal, you'll be needing a volume/expression/Wah pedal
  • More expensive. Probably $200-300 more depending on conversion rates
  • You'll be waiting a while to get one, probably February or later if you haven't pre-ordered (which might be a good thing given there'll be early bugs to squish)

Last edited:

JoeInOttawa

I am apologetically aware of where I had gone wrong. I am now cursed with having to live with the reputation and am at least trying to roll with it and let others have fun with it. I know I went overboard with trying to snap back with a comment that came off really condescending and douchy instead of snarky and funny...
I love that you have owned this several times. Hoping people lay off you now.

At the bottom of the first link you can see blog and faq also.

gtr37

The real important point...................are we going to have a new QC update today? :p

Off Topic: I just bought my second guitar...My G&L Strat has now a G&l Tele brother... My first Telecaster :dude Can I get an aleluia? :p (sorry, just wanted to share with you guys)
you will have a new Friday update i dont know how exciting but there will be one
My guess is what Mikah said more housekeeping and utilities

FarleyUK

The real important point...................are we going to have a new QC update today? :p

Off Topic: I just bought my second guitar...My G&L Strat has now a G&l Tele brother... My first Telecaster :dude Can I get an aleluia? :p (sorry, just wanted to share with you guys)
I'm hoping for:

"We were only kidding - ALL functionality like hybrid mode, editor, etc. will be available at launch. Oh, and we're shipping to you NEXT WEEK".

However, I doubt that will be the case....!

Gearzilla

The brief summary:

Easier to use than Helix.

Component modeling as good or more accurate than Fractal.

Does Captures(aka profiles) as good or better than Kemper.

$1600 U.S.D.

Compared to Boss GT huge is going to vary on how you define improvement and huge. To me all the various manufacturers have incremental differences.

The videos were already posted above.

Last edited:

Trending Topics