Neural DSP Quad Cortex

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
I'm hoping for:

"We were only kidding - ALL functionality like hybrid mode, editor, etc. will be available at launch. Oh, and we're shipping to you NEXT WEEK".

However, I doubt that will be the case....!
If this is your normal thought process I applaud you for your optimism but feel like you must be regularly disappointed.

mikah912

View attachment 306263

Got any of them Friday Quad Cortex updates?
I'd lower the expectations for this week. We're still four weeks away from when they are "working their hardest" to have them out to their own pre-order customers. Dan hasn't been around here gathering questions to answer and talking up a big imminent update. Might be the bass tones video they said was the next video to drop, or might be simple housekeeping.

AZG

The brief summary:

Easier to use than Helix.

Component modeling as good or more accurate than Fractal.

Does Captures(aka profiles) as good or better than Kemper.

$1600 U.S.D.

Compared to Boss GT huge is going to vary on how you define improvement and huge. To me all the various manufacturers have incremental differences.

The videos were already posted above.
This is the QC Christmas morning dream, the reality after the Christmas paper has been shredded, packages torn asunder and the kids get some time to play with their new toys might be a little different o_O

mehegama

The brief summary:

Easier to use than Helix.

Component modeling as good or more accurate than Fractal.

Does Captures(aka profiles) as good or better than Kemper.

$1600 U.S.D.

Compared to Boss GT huge is going to vary on how you define improvement and huge. To me all the various manufacturers have incremental differences.

The videos were already posted above.
well all these are needed to be confirmed. Very few people have played it and even those, they played early versions of it. So we need to see how it will really perform

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a bit known for my off-the-wall poetry. So, ahem, here goes.

There is an strange group, called TGP
We love to complain, just wait and see

A dimple in a finish, will for sure kill us all
Under a microscope, no flaw is too small

Everyone's product should cater to us
Be sure if it doesn't, we'll raise a great fuss

We seem to have lots of time in our day
To scare all the product manufacturers away

Alive83

I'm a bit known for my off-the-wall poetry. So, ahem, here goes.

There is an strange group, called TGP
We love to complain, just wait and see

A dimple in a finish, will for sure kill us all
Under a microscope, no flaw is too small

Everyone's product should cater to us
Be sure if it doesn't, we'll raise a great fuss

We seem to have lots of time in our day
To scare all the product manufacturers away

WOW...Just WOW...perfect poetry...the choice of words, the feeling, so much heart, so much pain...

:rotflmao

FuzzFacetious

I am apologetically aware of where I had gone wrong. I am now cursed with having to live with the reputation and am at least trying to roll with it and let others have fun with it. I know I went overboard with trying to snap back with a comment that came off really condescending and douchy instead of snarky and funny. I hate it because, that is not really me and how I operate. I didn't play it right, I actually agree with everyone's offense to it, and I have made a few posts apologizing for it after the fact. And being honest, I am not well versed at all at snarky internet banter. Have never spent any time being active on forums in my life until recently when I started my partial work sabbatical during these crazy COVID times. Anyway, so rather than bail out after the mistake, I am trying to roll with it. My little comment at the end of my last post was an attempt to poke fun at myself and acknowledge that I am sure there are a number of people who have not forgotten about it and let it go, which is understandable. Hope this clears the air a little more.

And I do intend to freely share every single capture that I make of my Wizard and Mark IIC+. I am sure there will be some good stuff that people will like out of it. And I'll probably take some requests from those who ask nicely while or something a little different if I don't fill in a gap that someone is needing to fill.
You seem like a very good human being.

Ferg Deluxe

Double Platinum Member
I pre-ordered from Sweetwater earlier this week. My assumption (at the time, and obviously incorrect) is that they wouldn't charge my card until the unit ships, but I checked and sure enough they charged me $1600 already.

I've pinged them to clarify if that's their normal policy. Just feels...off...to me. But maybe my expectations don't align with reality.

Anyone else having this issue, or feel similar?

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
I pre-ordered from Sweetwater earlier this week. My assumption (at the time, and obviously incorrect) is that they wouldn't charge my card until the unit ships, but I checked and sure enough they charged me $1600 already.

I've pinged them to clarify if that's their normal policy. Just feels...off...to me. But maybe my expectations don't align with reality.

It's called "earning interest from our customer's money"

Craig Bennett

Gold Supporting Member

They have not charged my CC, said they will when it ships.

RoyAL73

I was also charged for my Sweetwater preorder and believe it is because I used PayPal for checkout which was not something I considered at the time.

pewing33ny

Silver Supporting Member
I am apologetically aware of where I had gone wrong. I am now cursed with having to live with the reputation and am at least trying to roll with it and let others have fun with it. I know I went overboard with trying to snap back with a comment that came off really condescending and douchy instead of snarky and funny. I hate it because, that is not really me and how I operate. I didn't play it right, I actually agree with everyone's offense to it, and I have made a few posts apologizing for it after the fact. And being honest, I am not well versed at all at snarky internet banter. Have never spent any time being active on forums in my life until recently when I started my partial work sabbatical during these crazy COVID times. Anyway, so rather than bail out after the mistake, I am trying to roll with it. My little comment at the end of my last post was an attempt to poke fun at myself and acknowledge that I am sure there are a number of people who have not forgotten about it and let it go, which is understandable. Hope this clears the air a little more.

And I do intend to freely share every single capture that I make of my Wizard and Mark IIC+. I am sure there will be some good stuff that people will like out of it. And I'll probably take some requests from those who ask nicely while or something a little different if I don't fill in a gap that someone is needing to fill.
Sorry, didn't know there was a whole repentance after that initial post (not that you have to answer to a bunch of internet jabronis like myself on the internet). I only remembered the initial post and it is really difficult on all sides to decipher sarcasm on the internet so if I made you feel poopy, then I apologize. But I still want a capture of the Wizard and in exchange I will profile my Roland Microcube.

holup, I preordered the day Sweetwater opened them up and haven't been charged. I did check my account and I do have the invoice that says I paid but I definitely have not. I asked them about the paying right away policy (I was willing to) and they said they don't charge until the product ships.

Craig Bennett

Gold Supporting Member
holup, I preordered the day Sweetwater opened them up and haven't been charged. I did check my account and I do have the invoice that says I paid but I definitely have not. I asked them about the paying right away policy (I was willing to) and they said they don't charge until the product ships.
Same for me. My invoice says I paid, but have not been charged yet. As you, I clarified it at time of ordering, would not have mattered to me as well.

My experience with PayPal, it is charged at the time of order and not shipment.

Ferg Deluxe

Double Platinum Member
I was also charged for my Sweetwater preorder and believe it is because I used PayPal for checkout which was not something I considered at the time.
Yes. This is exactly the reason. I didn't think much about it, I just generally press the "paypal" button because it's a much easier checkout process.

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
In addition to my GK, I'm gonna give my Boss SY pedals a whirl through the capture process. I don't necessarily expect "accurate" results but it could be interesting. :beer

Trending Topics