Neural DSP Quad Cortex

WingZero

I hope I’m not the only one who didn’t realise an Australian Shepherd is a dog. There was me thinking that WingZero plays to some *really* specific audiences.
1: who said he wasn't part of my audience?

2:your audience does not lose its hair when spring arrives? lucky you!

If there aren't any for you then there aren't any for you. Doesn't mean I don't have my own. :dunno

Everything I'm referring to has already been said several times in this thread.
I'm searching but cannot find - I'm honestly interested if i have missed something.

That's what's kept my credit card in my pocket as well.

My Aussie isn't old but every season is shed season.
You know what I am talking about

Somebody (me) just learned how to use quotes what a day to be alive! - Did I say last time I was on a forum it was when Zelda Ocarina of Time came out...

I'm not exactly worrying, just using the same healthy dose of skepticism I use when purchasing any tools I use for work I get paid for. The fact is it's a brand new, untested, and unknown entity, which in my mind already warrants caution.

Have you ever had a piece of gear go down on you? Do you think the makers of that gear didn't test and plan to build a device that would survive regular gigging?
I've honestly only had tube amps and analog devices fail but they require maintenance and part replacements some times. Been lucky with digital. No failures from digitech, boss, or line 6 ever. And I've honestly never seen any of the other companies be so transparent with their testing and durability as NDSP has been so far. What have you had fail on you?

gonzoknife

Gold Supporting Member
What have you had fail on you?
It's been a while but I had a Line 6 HD500x where the switches went bad during a gig. Stepped on one preset and it would switch to another preset immediately after that one. Made for a very stressful gig. Researching it I learned switch failure wasn't rare on the HD500 series. I sold it not long after. I've had one or two issues with tube amps over the years but luckily only at rehearsal, never at a gig.

Anything can fail. I'm sure the QC is as reliable as any of the competition. No matter how much quality control any of these companies do (including tube amp manufacturers), things can go bad. That's why my attitude is buy quality gear and always have a backup.

gonzoknife

Gold Supporting Member
Everyone that gigs should seriously think about getting an hx stomp as a backup. Especially with the 8 blocks now and it fits in the compartment in a guitar case. Crazy good to be so little.
Helix modeling isn’t my favorite but the size is definitely hard to beat. Been contemplating selling it if I get an FM3 or QC but keeping it as a backup is compelling. It’s also small enough for a travel solution (whenever travel happens again).

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
Can you experts guide me to which plug-ins? I've read the responses so far. Want to buy one or two. Here's what I play:
  • Pink Floyd, ambient guitar, thick leads.
  • Southern Rock (Skynrd, Tedeschi Trucks, Marshall Tucker, ZZ Top, CCR)
  • Neil Young, Rolling Stones, BTO, Tragically Hip, Tom Petty, Hendrix, Doobie Brothers, Eagles.....
Would there be one or two plug-ins that would cover these genres?

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
I'm not exactly worrying, just using the same healthy dose of skepticism I use when purchasing any tools I use for work I get paid for. The fact is it's a brand new, untested, and unknown entity, which in my mind already warrants caution.

Have you ever had a piece of gear go down on you? Do you think the makers of that gear didn't test and plan to build a device that would survive regular gigging?
Hmm, I can't think of anything that failed me either at the studio or a gig. Wait, I had a guitar that started to sound funny as I was playing it. Looked down and one of the pole pieces had come right out of the pickup and was sticking to the E and A strings.

LaXu

Can you experts guide me to which plug-ins? I've read the responses so far. Want to buy one or two. Here's what I play:
  • Neil Young, Rolling Stones, BTO, Tragically Hip, Tom Petty, Hendrix, Doobie Brothers, Eagles.....
Download all of them and try for yourself. Costs nothing but some time. Based on your descriptions you could start with the Plini, Cory Wong and maybe Nolly.

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
Download all of them and try for yourself. Costs nothing but some time. Based on your descriptions you could start with the Plini, Cory Wong and maybe Nolly.
Thanks, that's the problem, I've very little time anymore and I don't trust my studio monitors to reproduce what I hope to get out of my amps and PA.

Gojira1954

I bought a Dunlop CBFH wah around 12-14 years ago for a recording session for a band I was with, got the thing just a day before entering the studio and while I was setting it up the switch snapped. We're talking about Dunlop and pedals that were years out in the wild and this one just died in front of me a couple hours after I bought it, so yeah... durability is a hit or miss even for the "road proven" big guys.

After getting replaced, that wah is still with me and has seen its fair share of gigs. To this day is one of my favorite pedals and in the list of "not for sale ever".

JoeInOttawa

Helix modeling isn’t my favorite but the size is definitely hard to beat. Been contemplating selling it if I get an FM3 or QC but keeping it as a backup is compelling. It’s also small enough for a travel solution (whenever travel happens again).
For only slightly more real estate, you could get an Atomic AA6. The AmpliFirebox is cool too, but a bit esoteric in the way it works.

illegal gardener

With both plini and cali you should be all set.

Cali will handle all the brit stuff most of the guys on your list use. Plini will absolutely cruch for your lead tones, and clean atmospherics. Amp1 has some of the most phenomenal clean cleans out there, amp2 is great for crunch and edge of breakup (though for the record the amp snob in cory wong is my #1 choice for that style - jimi etc but the plini gets it done), and amp3 gets american enough to handle some of the eagles stuff.

Please note cali is not a full suite with post fx like plini has, so keep that in mind if standalone is your intended use.

TonePilot

Silver Supporting Member
With both plini and cali you should be all set.

Cali will handle all the brit stuff most of the guys on your list use. Plini will absolutely cruch for your lead tones, and clean atmospherics. Amp1 has some of the most phenomenal clean cleans out there, amp2 is great for crunch and edge of breakup (though for the record the amp snob in cory wong is my #1 choice for that style - jimi etc but the plini gets it done), and amp3 gets american enough to handle some of the eagles stuff.

Please note cali is not a full suite with post fx like plini has, so keep that in mind if standalone is your intended use.
Thanks. No, it will be used in my DAW and then hopefully in the QC.

I bought a Dunlop CBFH wah around 12-14 years ago for a recording session for a band I was with, got the thing just a day before entering the studio and while I was setting it up the switch snapped. We're talking about Dunlop and pedals that were years out in the wild and this one just died in front of me a couple hours after I bought it, so yeah... durability is a hit or miss even for the "road proven" big guys.

After getting replaced, that wah is still with me and has seen its fair share of gigs. To this day is one of my favorite pedals and in the list of "not for sale ever".
Love that wah. Stoked that it's on the to be added list in the QC.

WingZero

Same goes for me with a Vox 847A wah, broke twice in the first month. first it was the to switch that got stuck, the tech at the store said it was fairly common, then it was the input jack that would fail (still does) 1/2 of time...

It has been road tested, but I'd blame some sort of outsourcing or cost reduction policy on that.

unlike you, it is not on my ''not for sale ever'' list

Trending Topics