Neural DSP Quad Cortex

Mrkiammi

This needs to be shared! On neural dsp website Member D20 from neural dsp forum shared a killer thread "online quad cortex content" with collections of others links og quad cortex videos and clips at neural dsp website check it out and share yours if there are clips or videos that havent been mentioned in the thread. Check it out!

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
Powering this thing with something else than the original adapter is not quite possible, is it? 12V 3A (probably works with less) is quite some power.
Mission 529M and whatever USB-C PD source (AC or battery) should do the trick

doug castro

I just saw this saying that the Quad Cortex likes a 25k potentiometer. Before the Mission engineering guy said the EP-1 and SP-1(toeswitch won't work at launch)were the recommended pedals. So which is it? Would really be nice to know the recommended expression pedals asap as sometimes the dealers are out of stock like Sweetwater is here for the one they say is recommended and it can take some time to get one if you have to order straight from Mission Engineering as they build to order. Can you help with this @doug castro ?
Of course, you'll need to use both Exp Ins for the pedal and switch, but the latching toe switch worked like a charm when we tested it last week.

WingZero

IMO it covers more than enough Marshall style amps and I would like to see variety in some other types going forward. There's already the staples like 50/100W Superlead, JTM45, JCM800 2203 as well as the modded Marshall types in the Friedman BE and Soldano SLO. That covers most of the Marshall tones you could ever want.

The cab sim side is a bit of a complaint for me. I mean there's 12 different 4x12 V30 cabs but meanwhile no 4x10 Super Reverb cab despite having the amp model, not quite sure if it has Celestion Silver or Blue cabs for Vox amps. Didn't spot a 4x12 with Fanes for the Hiwatt model either. I hope the cab side gets some more interesting contenders in future updates because god knows the IR industry keeps peddling the damn V30 cabs over and over.
where is the 8X12 we all want?

Of course, you'll need to use both Exp Ins for the pedal and switch, but the latching toe switch worked like a charm when we tested it last week.
Awesome. That's great news. Thanks Doug. I was mostly trying to figure out which mission pedals will work. In the Sweetwater link it says the ep25k is the recommended one for the Quad Cortex which has no toeswitch but I've read before that ep1 and sp1 will work. They make it sound like it needs to be the ep25k because QC prefers a 25k potentiometer. Which one is recommended? Which one are you using? Thanks.

Last edited:

Ed DeGenaro

Silver Supporting Member
There’s nothing the guitar playing world needs more than another 10,000 V30 IRs.
What the guitar playing wokd needs and got but us ignoring in is Celestion Speakermix Pro...as I said earlier until hardware guts out that tech in it's amp load smp for my DI needs

Fireproof

This needs to be shared! On neural dsp website Member D20 from neural dsp forum shared a killer thread "online quad cortex content" with collections of others links og quad cortex videos and clips at neural dsp website check it out and share yours if there are clips or videos that havent been mentioned in the thread. Check it out!
I had not seen some of those clips- so thanks for sharing!!
:dude

gtr37

Awesome. That's great news. Thanks Doug. I was mostly trying to figure out which mission pedals will work. In the Sweetwater link it says the 25k is the recommended one for the Quad Cortex but I've read before that ep1 and sp1 are the ones that work. Which one is recommended? Which one are you using? Thanks.
Kevin if you are used to a wah or whammy i highly recommend the spring load
Also because it snaps back to off position in the Heel

Kevin if you are used to a wah or whammy i highly recommend the spring load
Also because it snaps back to off position in the Heel
Yeah I've got a couple of Mission pedals(they're awesome)but I saw that Sweetwater page and it makes it sound like the ep25k with the 25k potentiometer is optimal for the Quad Cortex. But it has no footswitch and Doug said they tested one with the footswitch last week and it's working great. Wondering which will work best now and if I already have one that will work.

Astounding

Here and at 10:12 I notice missed taps and strange cuts in the video. I've seen similar behavior in other videos.

I look forward to trying it for myself.

Fireproof

Here and at 10:12 I notice missed taps and strange cuts in the video. I've seen similar behavior in other videos.

I look forward to trying it for myself.
Got it - I hadn’t seen that.

In the Anderson’s video they mention they were specifically impressed by the responsiveness. Anyway - like you - can’t wait to get it in my hands and try it out!

gtr37

Turning wah off with spring loaded expression pedal will only work with auto engage. It’s my understanding that feature isn’t available yet.
what if you turn the wah on by scene so clean its bypassed lead scene it’s active if I have the heel as 0 it is essentially off

Trending Topics