Neural DSP Quad Cortex

MrTAteMyBalls

Man I hope we are not in a fractal situation where these are unavailable for months at a time and used ones sell for as much or more than new ones.

Smacky the Frog

Gold Supporting Member
The only thing that's tempering my excitement is that the QC doesn't come with an AC-20 model. It's by far my favorite model on the FM3.

That being said, I am pretty excited at what I've heard so far and the form factor of this little unit.

Nice to see that it's finally coming out, six months after it was supposed to be initially released. That's still 1/2 the wait time it took to deliver the FM3.

Smacky the Frog

Gold Supporting Member
I got my FM3, IIRC, a year after the waitlist opened, and I got on it the very hour it opened. The QC was announced January 2020. We are well over a year into waiting.
It was pretty clear from the Neural team that fall (September) of 2020 was the earliest the units would ship. The FM3 was announced in April 2019 and the first units were shipped in Feb 2020. If you wanted headphone jacks you were waiting until June of 2020 IIRC.

It's splitting hairs really but it seemed forever to get the FM3 (especially since there was no communication that it was going to take long to be produced and distributed) and then there was the ridiculousness that "the first batch wasn't going to have headphone jacks all along" nonsense. That was clearly a snafu or at the very least some idiotic thinking that people want a digital modeler in this day of age without a headphone jack.

mikah912

Silver Supporting Member
The only thing that's tempering my excitement is that the QC doesn't come with an AC-20 model. It's by far my favorite model on the FM3.

If you can afford to keep both for a time, just capture the FM3. I certainly intend to capture my favorite Helix and Fractal amp models.

If you need to sell the FM3 beforehand, shoot me your favorite AC20 patch....I'll capture it for you and share it with you.

ripcord

I'm really liking my new FM3 so far! The QC certainly will have its work cut out for itself especially given the FM3's US price point, sounds, and features. Looking forward to doing the comparison here. It should be interesting.

Last edited:

Tom_C

I'm really liking my new FM3 so far! The QC certainly will have its work cut out for itself especially given the FM3's US price point, sounds, and features. Looking forward to doing the comparison here. It should be interesting.

While I'm sure the FM3 sounds great it didn't interest me even before the QC was announced. There's just way more appealing features about the QC that put it ahead for me (interface/touchscreen, form factor, WIFI updates, more switches, cloud, etc). Once neural adds a looper and the ability to load their plug-ins it'll be the total package. They're obviously adding a desktop editor but that almost seems unnecessary since it's not a FAS unit ;)

I personally couldn't care less about a comparison, both can be good and exist.

Last edited:
What was the effect of a worldwide pandemic in each case? Same?

I really don't know. Less in the case of the FM3, I'd guess. But that's not what I'm addressing here. The poster said that the QC is only 6 months late. That may be the case, but the time from waitlist opening on the QC to shipping is about 15 months (so far) while the FM3 was about 12. So you can't say the QC is in the lead on this.

Tom_C

I really don't know. Less in the case of the FM3, I'd guess. But that's not what I'm addressing here. The poster said that the QC is only 6 months late. That may be the case, but the time from waitlist opening on the QC to shipping is about 15 months (so far) while the FM3 was about 12. So you can't say the QC is in the lead on this.

I think the sarcasm went over your head.

Nick Barba

I'm interested in your comparison. Hasnt been one yet that I know of so yours might be the first

X-Mann

I’m interested in your thoughts when you have both in your hands. I LOVE Fractal products & the FM3 sounds stellar! I upgraded from the AX8 to the FM3 & built an incredibly cool/small board w/ wireless. I also have the Axe Fx iii for recording too. It will give a good A/B/C reference & great not trying to remember how each of them sounded.

I’m truly looking forward to the QC tones & amps modeled. People buy multiple tube amps & guitars......& a lot of guys here have several different units due to the different features. I tend to hang onto my gear for a very long time, but finally sold all my tube amps (Oops), speaker cabinets, a guitar & a few other items. I love how small the QC is & the amount of foot switches.

The Cab IR’s and mic settings/locations interest me a lot on the QC. The IR is 40% of the tone for me.

I didn’t even know about the QC till January 2021.....& placing my order in Feb puts me at a 2+ month wait.

It’s gonna be Mental boys!!!!

X

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom