Neural DSP release tease (Archetype: Rabea)

Here we go!

Screenshot_20220731_121816.jpg

Last edited:
Man I'm glad I'm not a QC owner - I'd be ticked off with NDSP fast tracking all these plugin projects while taking their own sweet time with the QC
My buddy is a QC owner and couldn't stop raving about it. Perhaps the honeymoon has ended, but I've seen this complaint enough lately, what's going on with the QC that has folks upset?

My buddy is a QC owner and couldn't stop raving about it. Perhaps the honeymoon has ended, but I've seen this complaint enough lately, what's going on with the QC that has folks upset?
I think maybe some people somehow though that all the plugins would automatically be included and added in the QC, which to my understanding NDSP never promised but said they’d look into.
Since then it’s pretty clear that QC and plugins are two different products. The plugins and marketing/media around them is probably their largest source of income and QC is probably on the “knifes edge” of being either profitable or not.

But idk… honestly I have no freaking idea. I’m just being an armchair expert now talking about stuff that I don’t have facts about so I should shut up.

I never followed the QC threads as there was always to much going on, but there are a few other QC related things that users are not satisfied with.

My buddy is a QC owner and couldn't stop raving about it. Perhaps the honeymoon has ended, but I've seen this complaint enough lately, what's going on with the QC that has folks upset?.

I.m.o .......... I think it has become an issue of growing "digital cognitive dissonance".

That is to say that on one hand you have [and I'm paraphrasing] "the worlds best and most accurate amp plugins" ... and on the other hand you have "the worlds most powerful and best sounding Amp modeler" .... the issue is that it is the same company claiming both ...... NDSP *are* [so far at least] having their cake and eating it too.

So to a few (?) / some (?) / growing number (?) / a lot (?) / many (?) etc.... both statements cant actually be "true" / "correct" .... but NDSP want you to believe both are true/correct at the same time - this is at the core of their whole marketing strategy.

Again, i.m.o and logically and factually speaking ..... NDSP's "best" work is either in the Plugins -or- its in the Modeler .... it cant be in both at the same time ...... their way to "deflect" and "avoid" this question is to promote that there are two different teams working on each line ... and I don't doubt this ..... but this in no way addresses the issue / question.

I've said this before ...... imagine for one minute ...... if Fractal or Line 6 or Boss modelled, say, 10 new Amps in 2022 ...... but would only let you have them in your Axe or Helix or GT if you paid $100 each for them ? Maybe you think this is fine (?) Maybe not (?) Maybe you don't care (?) I don't know.

Yet again, i.m.o...... its this kind of "approach" that increasingly "irks" a few (?) / some (?) / growing number (?) / a lot (?) / many (?)

And in the interests of disclosure and transparency ..... I think their plugs and the QC both sound fine / ok and will get better over time .... its NDSP's corporate modus operandi that I despise.

Ben

As I see it: the plugins are of good or exceptional quality and it pisses QC owners off the same quality of the plugins isn't (always) in the QC. For example the SLO-100 is supposedly inferior on the QC as opposed to the plugin. People assume when they can make such quality plugins, a device like the QC should certainly be able to run the same quality stuff on it. QC owners will be mad they see (new) plugins being developed and the QC still can not reach of the quality of the plugins.

I.m.o .......... I think it has become an issue of growing "digital cognitive dissonance".

That is to say that on one hand you have [and I'm paraphrasing] "the worlds best and most accurate amp plugins" ... and on the other hand you have "the worlds most powerful and best sounding Amp modeler" .... the issue is that it is the same company claiming both ...... NDSP *are* [so far at least] having their cake and eating it too.

So to a few (?) / some (?) / growing number (?) / a lot (?) / many (?) etc.... both statements cant actually be "true" / "correct" .... but NDSP want you to believe both are true/correct at the same time - this is at the core of their whole marketing strategy.

Again, i.m.o and logically and factually speaking ..... NDSP's "best" work is either in the Plugins -or- its in the Modeler .... it cant be in both at the same time ...... their way to "deflect" and "avoid" this question is to promote that there are two different teams working on each line ... and I don't doubt this ..... but this in no way addresses the issue / question.

When reading your posts I feel like I'm back in elementary school and teacher just handed me back my essay.

The caption on Instagram says, "This is the most creative plugin you've made by far" but there's no attribution for the quote.

Is this a quote from the person whose Archetype this is? Is it the rumoured Devin Townsend one?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom