Neutrino output trimmer question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by kwicked, Mar 12, 2015.

1. kwicked

kwicked Supporting Member

So, I got the neutrino, amazing pedal but having the typical probs with the high e string triggering. Best result is with S-1 engaged, guitar voume at 10 and the gain knob on the pedal fairly high. Great sound but i normally play on 7 or so guitar volume to leave room for adjustment. Would lowering the output trimmer so the volume to amp with guitar on 10 is equal to what it normally is on 7 be a solution?

I saw this when i did a search-

but called Keeley yesterday to discuss the adjustment and was told by the person i spoke with that neither of the internal trimmers are adjustable by the user, only for the factory. Are there different versions of this pedal?

Any advice appreciated!

2. lctric

lctric Member

I'd be interested about this too as I just ordered one.

3. kwicked

kwicked Supporting Member

Lol, we didn't get much help.. I did end up adjusting the output trimmer and it makes the pedal much more functional for me because you can hit it with a really strong signal (volume up on guitar, boost, etc) and then knock the output back down to unity. The trimmers are clearly marked, the current one actually says "do not adjust" and the output is easily adjusted with a mini phillips screwdriver. A little twist is a lot and it took me a few tries. Enjoy!

4. lctric

lctric Member

Thanks! I figured the trim pot was functional based on Robert Keeley's reply way back when but was stumped that Keeley Customer Service would tell you otherwise.

Hopefully others will read this and make use of it.