Neve Microphones (Ribbon content)

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Greggy, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Greggy

Greggy Member

2. Greggy

Greggy Member

Yep. Just curious if anyone has more to add to the story here, inside info (more likely speculation), etc.

3. GaryNattrass

GaryNattrass Member

I used to work for AMS Neve and whilst rupert is a lovely guy I think this is just like the amek deal he puts his name and a small input to an established company to aid marketing. The amek stuff he did still sounded dreadful as amek's do and it is a shame that he and Mark Crabtree (ams neve md) couldnt work something out to keep him with his own company name.

4. bluestarbass

bluestarbass Member

I agree with Gary, while Rupert is a god when it comes to stuff he worked on, theres also some just average stuff out there that has his name on it, but he didnt nessecarily work on. I can probably see what will happen. Rupert will design a great circuit and it will cost $2 grand per mic. SE will say, thats not really our market, its the $400-1000 market, so we'll cut corners so the mic cost $800. I hope that doesnt happen but it wouldnt surprise me.

5. Greggy

Greggy Member

Thanks guys. I have to admit I too am suspicious, but we'll have to wait and see on this one. You never know.