• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Never heard of them, but I am digging the heck out of this tone.

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks for posting. Always love hearing bands I haven't heard of. I liked the playing and tones a lot! Just checked them out further and this tune doesn't have the cool bass part, but vox are in English, and guitar is still cool: Meanwhile, if you haven't heard King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard they sound an awful lot like them :)

Eric

Senor Forum

Double Platinum Member
I'm thrilled to see people digging this. I know it's polarizing as hell, particularly the vocals, but I really was pleasantly surprised when this band randomly showed up on my Youtube related videos.

The more I listen, the more I dig it. :)

Bill Lumberg

I Drink and I Know Things.
Gold Supporting Member
This video showed up on my YouTube home page yesterday. I didn't watch it until now and it's made my whole house smell like weed.

They have a very Clutch meets Fu Manchu sound with a DMM accidentally connected to the vocal mic.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for posting. Always love hearing bands I haven't heard of. I liked the playing and tones a lot! Just checked them out further and this tune doesn't have the cool bass part, but vox are in English, and guitar is still cool: Meanwhile, if you haven't heard King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard they sound an awful lot like them :)

Eric

Another video, somehow or loosely tied in:

I'm reminded of Syd era PF.
Not close, I know, but reminds me for some reason.

NortheastHick

Silver Supporting Member
Hey wait!
Where's the telecaster and pentatonic blues licks???
No $400 boutique tubescreamer clone???
I bet these clowns don't even know how awesome a '59 Burst is....pffft...
Young people should not try to play rock and roll. Leave it for the old folks that know how to do it correctly.
I'm out....

mcknigs

Silver Supporting Member
Weird! My buddy just sent me this yesterday and I watched, pretty cool. Is he playing a dual showman reverb?

Looks like my Dual Showman Reverb but the name of the amp on his appears to all be on one line. All the SF DSRs and TRs I see in image searches have the name spread across two or three lines(?)

ericb

Gold Supporting Member
Looks like my Dual Showman Reverb but the name of the amp on his appears to all be on one line. All the SF DSRs and TRs I see in image searches have the name spread across two or three lines(?)

I also have never seen a Dual Showman with only 4 knobs on the right. Neither the SF Dual Showman or Dual Showman Reverb only have the 4 knobs. I've been on a quest to find out which amp it was but have drawn a blank so far!

Eric

Trending Topics

Top Bottom