1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Never judge your tone when you have a head cold....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by somedude, Jan 14, 2008.

1. somedude

somedude Member

I just about went through one of those "I hate all my pedals" things again....

My rig sounded killer last week, then I was laid up sick all weekend, and a new pedal arrived today that I couldn't wait to try. Sounded like sh*t. Then I messed around with some settings, and eventually realized that everything sounds like sh*t. I was just about to toss the whole damn mess in the corner when I decided to go chill out for awhile.

Then one of my ears popped....

I'm going to have to remember this for the future as I could only imagine what my tone has sounded like to others on nights were I 'just couldn't get it together'. :crazy

2. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

I got a new pedal too, now I have a cold.

THERE IS A CONSPIRACY AMONG TGP SELLERS ON THE EMPORIUM TO INFECT US BUYERS WITH COLDS!!!

;)

3. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

Amen! Sometimes nothing sounds good.

4. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

my whole board has been unwired and in pieces for about 2 weeks now ... it's better that way.

5. leodiditright

leodiditright Supporting Member

With a cold everything is sounding like a:D Tube Screamer:D

Stay quite under the blanket with your cold, don't throw it on your tone.