Never thought id dig a Germanium Overdrive , but......

jwny72

Sounds nice huh? I don't need an OD pedal, but I kind of want one of these. Isn't gear addiction grand?

sutherland

Germanium Drives are pretty nice! Earthquaker Devices makes one or two that are worth a look, I think the Crimson Drive and the White Light (sorta derived from the Dist+/250) are germanium based.

musica23

Just got the Earthquaker Hoof Fuzz today, which is a combination germanium/silicon if I'm not mistaken. Nice. :cool:

adamflybot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbdzwuKd4bM&feature=channel

I think this kicks major ass, im hearin a lot of old school tones in this pedal for sure, what do you guys make of it ?
Germanium Drives are pretty nice! Earthquaker Devices makes one or two that are worth a look, I think the Crimson Drive and the White Light (sorta derived from the Dist+/250) are germanium based.
I love the Germanium OD! I just wish it had a volume/level knob...

I'm hoping to try use my Beavis Audio Devolt with either a Crimson Drive or White Light to mimic the same tones as the EHX Germ. OD, but with a level control. I wonder if it'll work as imagined...

todd richman

I started looking at the EHX GE OD as a low budget alternative to things like the Telenordia TA-100 for rootsy/alt.country music. What are your experiences with this pedal for rootsy music. It would not be my main od but mainly an alternate for my clean boosts and Fulldrive into a tweed Super with Teles and Gretsches.

Captain Zero

I have the GeOD and I like it. I would say it is more of a boost, than a traditional OD.

Nice pedal, but find one used. People either to love, or hate, it.

longgonedaddy

I have the White Light and it is a spectacular pedal. It has a wide gain range, lots of extra volume, the fat dial goes from razor thin to sumo wrestler, and the comp switch is the icing ont he cake. Tremendously versatile OD. Stacks well with other pedals.

erksin

I have the White Light and it is a spectacular pedal. It has a wide gain range, lots of extra volume, the fat dial goes from razor thin to sumo wrestler, and the comp switch is the icing ont he cake. Tremendously versatile OD. Stacks well with other pedals.
I reeeeeeeeeeeeally want to try that one. :drool

Trending Topics