New (2019) Fender Tonemaster Deluxe and Tonemaster Twin

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by RolandKorg, Jul 18, 2019.

1. dellerton

dellerton Supporting Member

Sounds great.

ford, amorica and dlguitar64 like this.
  2. rockinrobby

rockinrobby Senior member Professional musician ... Gold Supporting Member

Nice, your Tele sounded more like a Gibson P90 guitar to me. Great playing and selection of music more on the lines of Blues / Jazz..

This is me with a ES 345.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  3. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Played one at the shop.

No likey. Compared to the real RI not even close.

Went with Princeton either way but had I been interested in Twin or Deluxe I would have coughed up the extra cash and gotten the RI.

Total waste of money as the Boss Nextone craps all over Tonemaster from clips Ive seen. Also for a few more bucks save up and get the real RI.

Need to try a Nextone.

4. Scooter

Scooter Member

So you crapped all over this amp over at TDPRI just yesterday and now you had to run over here, search for this thread, and do the same. https://www.tdpri.com/threads/new-boss-nextone-amps.892584/page-4#post-9522685

Do you have an agenda of some kind? Do you work for Boss? Or are you really just a kid - with too much time on his hands? Hey, if you don't like the amp that's fine. Cool. If that's the case just skip these threads, carry on, and play what you like.

5. rockinrobby

Like comparing Apples and pomegranates !!! Nextone is great but not a Fender. Fender is what it is simple and ahh > Fender. Just because The Nextone's got a million buttons bells & whistles and it's Digital doesn't mean the TM is a waste of money..

6. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Sheesh...

With that level of defense do you work for FMIC at Fender. Are you sitting behind a desk at Fender HQ right now?

Lol

Just giving my experience and my opinion playing these. They sound nothing like their counterparts in the same room next to each other. Good yes. As good no.

Also for the money I litteraly felt it would have been cash down the drain becauuse after discount and a few bucks more given the ammount of cash these cost....

Get the real thing. Dont mess with the pretendo....

Get the top shelf Presdential at that point for that money. Its just not worth it and given the Nextone in that Price Range. That makes more sense, looks better, cost less and I am sure sounds better and does a lot more.

7. dlguitar64

dlguitar64 Member

I had 2 Nextones. One was DOA(neither el setting worked).
    Sent it back the next one lasted a week before the same issue came back.
    Good luck if you buy one.

I own or have owned several vintage Fenders(REAL ones, not the inferior reissues) and am very happy with the sound feel and response of my TMTR. You hate it. Good for you, we get it. Message received.

MixMinisterMike and The-Kid like this.
  8. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

They are both digital....

And Nextone is pretty damn straightforward like Katanas but Eric Johnson Blues Cube level quality.

9. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

So do you work for Fender?

10. rockinrobby

Ok, NEXT!!!!

pugnax likes this.
  11. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Supporting Member

You've either got an agenda or you just like stirring the pot for jollies or you simply are too inexperienced to properly evaluate gear. I think your post was about you, not the gear.

blackba, amorica and The-Kid like this.
  12. Peppy

Peppy Member

I already put him on ignore.

13. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Supporting Member

I forget how wonderful the Ignore option can be. Sure came in handy today.

Peppy and amorica like this.
  14. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

I stand by what I said. Just putting in my two cents because just played a bunch of stuff and compared before making final decision.

The things dont sound as good as the RI and well given the opportunity I just bought a Princeton LTD 112 and well could have gotten a Tonemaster had it delivered.https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...le-friend-nad-princeton-bordeaux-112.2109108/

They do sound good and many players use them to great effect. But for me it just doesnt make sense given the big $$$$.

And for that much money the Nextone makes way more sense, is comprable in tone from clips, does more, cost less.

Just spend a bit more and get the real deal and install wheels or save money and get a Nextone.

Thats just me though.

15. rockinrobby

Got it... Your point has been noted, NEXT!!! :horse

The-Kid likes this.
  16. guitarman3001

guitarman3001 Member

They are entirely different amps designed for entirely different purposes. I own a Nextone and a TMTR. I use them for different purposes and haven't really been interested in doing a head to head comparison. If the Nextone suits your needs better, that's great. There are plenty of amps out there that don't suit my needs, that doesn't make them bad amps.

The majority of opinions from people who have played the TMs are that they sound like the tube originals. Many also think they feel and respond like the tube originals. Personally I agree with the tone sounding like the originals but like some others, I don't believe they respond and feel exactly like the originals. That doesn't make them bad amps, it just means that Fender didn't live up to their marketing hype. But the amp still works for me and so does my Nextone.

dellerton and The-Kid like this.
  17. Dumpy

Dumpy Member

For whatever reason, my TMDR is just a blast to play. I think its mostly because I can get the edge of breakup sound at a reasonable sound level when practicing at home. This amp has allowed to stop fiddling with my amp and focus more on playing.

Peppy and The-Kid like this.
  18. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

This. Everything. Without pissing others off this.

Like it sounded similar and good but just didnt get it 100% or reacted, respond feel as good to me as the RI. And the RI sound godly, heavenly.....like suckling on an angels teat.

Given that. This to me just doesnt make sense at all.

And without pissing of other people I will just leave it at that.

19. Robot B9

Robot B9 Member

Got to love it when someone feels the urge to crap all over a product even when the vast majority of reviews are positive. As if their opinion matters at this point.

amorica and The-Kid like this.
  20. presence

presence Member

First ignore of the decade!

Peppy, amorica and dellerton like this.