• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New 5150 Combo Head!!

Marshall Man

I always hated the speakers in my 5150 combo but loved the way it sounded through my Avatar 2X12 so I pulled the amp apart and cut it into a head with my table saw, anyone else ever do something like this? It fits perfectly on top of both my Marshall and Avatar cab. This thing was a boat anchor before, but now it is nice and light and looks great!!:dude

SRVTWO

What speakers did you use in the Avatar? Were the speakers in the 5150 the stock sheffields or did you try others? Thanks
Mike

Marshall Man

It was the ****** stock sheffields. I don't have any pics yet, but imagine the combo right above the speakers...that is what I cut off. It has the solide piece of wood from above the speakers as the bottom of the head and I screwed in the feet so it would sit on the cab right. Oh yeah, the speakers in my Avatar cab are the Hellatone mix of a V30 and a GH12? I believe.

Marshall Man

One other thought, these old 5150's are pretty cheap and sound great through an external cab...very warm. You can make your own killer head for cheap like I did and it looks great as well:)

Top Bottom