New A/B Bypass Pedal or Just a Good Tuner?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rolsen, May 6, 2016.

1. rolsen

rolsen Member

Currently, I'm A/B/Y'ing into a two-input amp. This particular ABY (Loopmaster brand) has a dedicated tuner out. My old Boss TU2 is out of the front end signal, and I know the buffer in this pedal isn't well loved. I have a new amp and don't need the features or footprint of the ABY. I'm considering just an AB pedal to toggle between amp and tuner. I could probably find a used AB for $50 but I'm now thinking perhaps a better pedal tuner exists with a good buffer, good enough to have straight inline with an overdrive and a phaser pedal. I have a Peterson StroboStomp but I keep this at my home studio. Does the newer Boss TU3 have a noticeably better through-signal than its predecessor? I like the Boss for speed and 'really freaking close' tuning, and while the strobe tuner is more accurate, I'm not sure I want to look at that spinning virtual wheel during the precious 10 seconds between songs. So, new AB pedal or just a good sounding tuner?

2. DexterT

DexterT Member

I think you're reading too much into it. Do you think the tu2 sounds bad?