New ADA Flangers are finally shipping!

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
I think it might be new ownership, but they're trying to revitalize the old brand, they only have plans for the flanger and final phase right now.

Ah, found their distributors - Musictoyz and Analogman! Let us know what you think of these new units, Analogmike - I know you liked the first reissue of the flanger, who knows if this 2nd reissue will also be up to snuff.

JRC4558Dude

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the new re-issue true-bypass, and will it run on 9V or maybe 18V? The originals had a hard-wired A/C cord, didn't they?

Kayzer

Nice one, since the ? Flanger seems to be unreachable and out of my price range i might be up for one of these ADA Flangers... Thanks for posting!

analogmike

Platinum Supporting Member
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is the new re-issue true-bypass, and will it run on 9V or maybe 18V? The originals had a hard-wired A/C cord, didn't they?
I think the true bypass is the only change to the originals. The first 100 went to Japan I think, I hope to have some in a month or so, can't wait!

I think the true bypass is the only change to the originals. The first 100 went to Japan I think, I hope to have some in a month or so, can't wait!
Have you heard it, Mike? Did you get to check out a demo box? No clips on the web site. No reviews. No videos. No interior shots. No money shots. :roll
Its just too little info to drop $250.

todd richman

The best flanger I ever owned back in the very early 80's. It does that hollow tube thing in odd harmonics switch mode.

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
Right, but which NOS BBDs? I'd be very surprised if they found enough Reticon SAD1024s to use in these, so I'm guessing they're using Matsushita MN3010s or MN3007s—but I'm curious if anyone knows for sure.
The MN3010 is significantly more rare and expensive than the SAD1024.

Most likely an MN3207 or new chinese repro of that chip.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
I think it might be new ownership, but they're trying to revitalize the old brand, they only have plans for the flanger and final phase right now.
nope!
it's owned & run by dave tarnowski,
the (cool, imo) dude who was at the helm of the (great, imo) old ADA.

dt / spltrcl

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I just pre-ordered one. I have an original, but I'm always afraid to bring it out!!

VegaBaby

Now there's a pedal I desperately have to get. Been waiting for that since a long time and all other pedal purchases are immeditely put on hold :) !

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
Didn't realize that about the MN3010. Thanks!

The iheartguitarblog.com link above does quote "Bill" from A/DA as stating that they are using an unspecified NOS BBD chip rather than Chinese current-production.
A couple guys on diy stompboxes did the legwork to adapt the circuit to an MN3007 or MN3207 about a year and a half ago. At the time there were no a/da clones on the market. HBE had done their a/da clones with the original a/da PCB artwork and sad1024 but then they ran out of sad1024 and discontinued the pedal. Then after the diystomps stuff came out Ibanez came out with the airplane flanger and HBE did the new release of the frostbite with an MN3007 inside. Chances are the a/da reissue is the same thing in an original-style enclosure.

darkknight91

What's the difference between this new reissue and the old reissues from the 90's? It says they spent 2 years in research for this one. I don't understand. I had an original reissue back in the day and thought it was much better than my old MXR which was a piece of junk.

Trending Topics