New addition today!

Ascension

I picked up a KILLER 1994 Washburn USA MG 122 today. This one is an early example of these and is quite different from the other 4 1995 USA Custom MG's I have. I actually have one of the final Prototypes for these and this is the closest one I have ever seen in a production guitar to the proto. Both this one and the proto are stunning guitars to look at and both are flat out tone MACHINES!
This one has a fatter neck and much bigger HONKIN HUGE jumbo frets than my 95's do.
I had a hard time believing the bridge bucker was a Duncan JB it was so fat and sweet sounding but I pulled it today and yep it is. Must be the chunkier necks and big frets that give this one and the proto the sweeter fatter tones than the other ones I have. This is one of the best playing and sounding super Strat style guitars I have ever had my hands on!!
Here she is

The prototype

My more "normal" 95 MG 122

1995 MG 120

Ascension

HEY Colt didn't know you were posting over here bro! I sold off most of the Carvins but I still do have a pair of X220C's and a DC400.
I actually had bought a Sunburst 94 Washburn USA MG 122 locally here from Don over at Highland Music back in 95. I have allways been into these as well as the Carvins.
I sold the MG to finance the DC145 I had built in 97 and had frankly forgotten just how nice these guitars were. I found a 95 swamp ash MG 100 at a local Pawn Shop 3 years ago for $200 out the door. I bought it and it quickly became my absolute favorite go to player ax. I flat fell in love with these guitars again. I now own 3 of the highly figgured 120 series and one of the actuall pre production prototypes for these.
In a strange twist I traded the DC145 even to a guy in Canada off the Washburn BBS for the one off Prototype. I guess I came full circle LOL.
Yell some time if you are going to be in Birmingham maybe we can hook up!
Later man.

Ascension

Nice quilts!!!
Thanks man I never got the qualty of quilt tops I wanted from Carvin on the ones i had built (I have had some FANTASTIC Carvin Flame tops though ) but these Washburn USA quilt tops are KILLERS. I also have another Washbun USA quilt in Sapphire Blue on a 99 WM-4 here. All these are from the now defunk Washburn Chigago Custom shop which shut down in 99 RIP.

Trending Topics