New addition today!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Ascension, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Ascension

Ascension Member

I picked up a KILLER 1994 Washburn USA MG 122 today. This one is an early example of these and is quite different from the other 4 1995 USA Custom MG's I have. I actually have one of the final Prototypes for these and this is the closest one I have ever seen in a production guitar to the proto. Both this one and the proto are stunning guitars to look at and both are flat out tone MACHINES!
    This one has a fatter neck and much bigger HONKIN HUGE jumbo frets than my 95's do.
    I had a hard time believing the bridge bucker was a Duncan JB it was so fat and sweet sounding but I pulled it today and yep it is. Must be the chunkier necks and big frets that give this one and the proto the sweeter fatter tones than the other ones I have. This is one of the best playing and sounding super Strat style guitars I have ever had my hands on!!
    Here she is
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The prototype
    [​IMG]
    My more "normal" 95 MG 122
    [​IMG]
    1995 MG 120
    [​IMG]

2. Colt14jr

Colt14jr Member

Looks great! Nice collection of Washburns.
    Are you still collecting Carvins?

3. Ascension

Ascension Member

HEY Colt didn't know you were posting over here bro! I sold off most of the Carvins but I still do have a pair of X220C's and a DC400.
    I actually had bought a Sunburst 94 Washburn USA MG 122 locally here from Don over at Highland Music back in 95. I have allways been into these as well as the Carvins.
    I sold the MG to finance the DC145 I had built in 97 and had frankly forgotten just how nice these guitars were. I found a 95 swamp ash MG 100 at a local Pawn Shop 3 years ago for $200 out the door. I bought it and it quickly became my absolute favorite go to player ax. I flat fell in love with these guitars again. I now own 3 of the highly figgured 120 series and one of the actuall pre production prototypes for these.
    In a strange twist I traded the DC145 even to a guy in Canada off the Washburn BBS for the one off Prototype. I guess I came full circle LOL.
    Yell some time if you are going to be in Birmingham maybe we can hook up!
    Later man.

4. brentrocks

brentrocks Guitar Hack/Player Gold Supporting Member

5. Ascension

Ascension Member

Thanks man I never got the qualty of quilt tops I wanted from Carvin on the ones i had built (I have had some FANTASTIC Carvin Flame tops though ) but these Washburn USA quilt tops are KILLERS. I also have another Washbun USA quilt in Sapphire Blue on a 99 WM-4 here. All these are from the now defunk Washburn Chigago Custom shop which shut down in 99 RIP.
    [​IMG]