new American Standard vintage saddles

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by zzzezums, Mar 11, 2008.

1. zzzezums

zzzezums Silver Supporting Member

I've read that they are new and improved bent steel. Can anyone compare these to Callaham vintage saddles?

2. zzzezums

any opinions, please?

3. schmit

schmit Member

scroll down to "What's New"

http://www.callahamguitars.com/

he says the new block and saddles are junk....but is this just marketing? probably not.....I just got a new 08 Standard....its got me thinking

Also these new ones are a narrower string spread than the vintage trem....they're now 2 1/16th" compared to 2 7/32" for the vintage....the new saddles in the kit Callaham is selling for the new American Standard are the Mex upgrade saddles with shorter height adjustment screws

4. zzzezums

I read that on the Callaham site as well and also wondered abt. the marketing issue. We'll have to wait and see if anyone who's tried them both is willing to comment.

5. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

The block is not all steel, like some people think. It's also small. Fender's marketing makes it sound good that they made it smaller by saying they did it to improve trem travel. When they really did it to cut costs of materials.

The saddles look like the same ones used on the highway strats. Those have the small spacing as well. The bridge just looks cheap.