New Amp Again! Two Rock E.pro What A Tone!!!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Tag, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

This is my favorite amp of all time. I think I even have to say more than a Cowtipper. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The overdrive tones are so sweet and smooth, words can not explain. The tone gives me chills and haunts me. I can just bend a note and listen all day long. All knobs at noon, adjusted gain and reverb to taste, and hit record. One take, mistakes and all, I dont care. For me, this tone is to die for.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6264338&q=hi

Lord have mercy I am happy with that tone!!

A 9 year old TwoRock Emerald Pro.

2. Rig James

Rig James Gold Supporting Member

Beautiful tone dude, really dig it.:dude

3. wichita

wichita Supporting Member

Tag the new Two Rock I have at the house is mind blowing.
    I had not heard any of their stuff in a few years and this new thing is just incredible.
    I am sure that yours has broken in nicely.

4. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

Tag bro that is wicked! Congrats on the new rig monster!

5. Guitar Slinger6

Guitar Slinger6 Member

6. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

NICE TONES fo reeeeel tag.

very liquid and nice pick grease.

7. November5th

November5th Member

Very cool clip Tag.I know you have been trying to nail the Ford tones,and from what I hear from that clip you nailed it.It sounds like the same tone as the first two Blue Line records.Actually when I first got my CRS V1,I put all the knobs at noon,and there it was ,instant Ford tone.Even though I wasn't trying to get that sound.I would like to try a Em Pro at some point ,but for now I am very,very happy with my Sig.Peace.

Dean

8. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Hey Tag It does sound really good, I,m so happy for you, I can just see you with a big grin on your face. :AOK

9. Tag

Hmmm...... I will have to try a tonelab someday. I went to your site, and checked out your clips. It seems you have a lot of experience playing minor pentatonic licks on major chords into one of those, so you should know! :p;)

10. Tag

Lol! Yea, FINALLY happy with my drive tones again!

Sure pumped some money into the economy trying to find it though. :( Just in from plowing snow, and I am shot. Have to go out again in a few hours, so time for some shut eye.

11. hottub

hottub Supporting Member

really nice tones there Tag! :AOK a lot of nice qualities I'm hearing.

12. yZe

yZe Senior Member

Tampa, on the Territory of Florida (D.C. Free Zone
    man, killer tones and playing as always, Tag

I tried to go for an E Pro 50, so I settled for an Em50 - definitely not as good - so I sold it

Shame K&M got away from that

13. Tag

No problems man, and I am no rich Landscaper, trust me. My house is a WRECK, I am divorced with no kids, and its just me and my dog. Almost every penny I make has gone into my Guitars. :eek:Once my GWerks comes in, I am done with this, and need to start saving as much as I can.

14. journo

journo Member

Hi Tag,

I'm very impressed with the tone.
    I'm equally impressed with the playing.

As a matter of fact this sound clip has inspired me to write a tune and I know exactly what type of sound I'm aiming for. :D

BTW, would you mind telling me what guitar you used for this clip?

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Mats N

15. Echoes

Echoes Senior Member

That amp has a real nice 'honk' to it! real tight and very horn-like IMHO...perfect for copping horn lines etc...

16. scottl

scottl Member

Excellent Tag! Which solo of mine did you pinch that opening lick from?? It was quoted... no? I am looking for it now. Scary... Like looking in a mirror! LOL

Sounding great too!

17. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Sounding nice Tag.

I'm losing track mate, CRS then New Two Rock now this. Man your having fun!

You know I dig your playing. lovely jubbly

PS (Steal everything mate - Scotts got far more licks than he really needs)

18. sfarnell

sfarnell Gold Supporting Member

which do you have? Type 3 or Classic Reverb?

19. Tag

LOL!! I am not sure Scott. I have a CD of all of may fave clips of yours and was listening to it the last few days. That one stuck in my mind, so I played it. I doubt its note for note, as it was just from memory, but its the same idea. Its an old bop cliche thing that I LOVE. I love figuring out a lot of the things you play, because we seem to really dig a lot of the same lines and licks from the past. Of course they come out totally different when we play them. Your command and time is just far better than mine. I am working on it though!
    :BEER

20. wladok

wladok Member

Very nice tone indeed Tag!!

I have a Two-Rock Topaz... they made it for only a short time while transitioning from the EmmyPro to the Custom Reverb. But I do get a very similar sounding drive to your clip. I love that amp more than any of my guitars.... to me, I feel it's more responsible for my sound.

How did you have the deep, mid and bright switches set for this? I have been finding that I really dig the mid boost for lead tones, but prefer all switches off for my favorite cleans. My footswitch is configured for channel switching and tone stack bypass, but I am thinking of having the TR guys change it to switch the mid boost instead.

I am also a bit curios about why everyone seems to consider the all 12:00 position to be 'flat'.... It's my understanding that the tone controls are purely subtractive. So having all tone knobs maxed out would be 'flat'. I guess my point is that I tend to start with all knobs maxed, and then subtract from that as needed.... of course, all of these controls seem to interact with each other in a non-linear way... so that all knobs at 12:00 sounds a fair bit different than all knobs maxed out. Then you start throwing the boost switches in and things interact differently still........ Wow, so much fun....:dude