New Amp Day - Bogner content inside

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by wrxplayer, Dec 23, 2009.

1. wrxplayer

wrxplayer Supporting Member

A few weeks ago I picked up a Landry LS50. What a great amp. Problem was "picking it up" literally was a task and I play out 2 or 3 times per month.

So I put it in the emporium and was fortunate to field several offers. It came down to a Bogner Duende or an Aiken Invader.

I had no doubt that I'd like both choices very much but I went with the Bogner for its two channel versatility, super "clean" channel, and because it was "more different" from what I also own (a Sommatone Roaring 40 and Samamp VAC25) than the Aiken.

It arrived today and I've been playing around with it for the better part of the last three hours.

Been switching between a closed back 2x12 w/ scumbacks (an m75 and an h75) and an open back 1x12 w/ a Celestion Gold. I like the tone w/ the Celestion but love the match w/ the 2x12. Cool thing is I prefer the Sommatone w/ the 1x12 Celestion cab.

Great variety of available tones, nice reverb, trem sounds good (but I suspect I won't use it much), and I can carry it with ease!

One design quibble: why put knobs one would like to adjust during a gig in the back (reverb and trem controls)?

If I get the chance to play in a big room, the headroom might run out, but it won't with the Sommatone.

Pics below, one of her alone and one with her new big brother "Jimmy".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Blakemore Effects

Blakemore Effects Member

Very, very nice. I really want a Bogner to be my next purchase. :thu:

3. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

Very nice indeed! Congrats. That's a SWEET looking amp! And, that Sommatone ain't too shabby either! Glad to hear you're happy with your purchase!

4. radiohead

radiohead Member

5. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

Grats! But, I don't think I could've turned down the Aiken.