New Amp Day-Egnater

droptune

I finally pulled the trigger on the Egnater SW45 from Sweetwater. Wow! What an amazing amp. Once I spend more time with it Ill give a good review. But for now all I can say is that it is the best hotrodded Marshall sound Ive ever heard. It has a high gain channel and a Plexi channel on different inputs. It is also the loudest 45 watts I have ever heard. I will spend some time this weekend and report back Monday.

Red_Label

Silver Supporting Member
I would be interested in this as well--looks like a very cool amp.
Ditto... have been curious about it as well. I always get suckered-in on those deals. I should cut-up my Sweetwater card! :bonk

trailrun100s

I played one at the LA amp show...It was a cool sounding amp...And had the chance to chat with Bruce for a while...He is a really friendly guy who enjoys talking about gear and stuff...

I just got in the Renegade 410 combo myself today.

I have mixed feelings.
Both channels do a good job of sounding like either a fender or mashall but they seem to be lacking something.

I'm missing the complexity and touch sensitivity you get from higher end amps.
Its not as bad as some amps but it still seems to have some of that wet blanket sound going on. Granted on the normal loud ass bar gig I'm sure it would work perfectly fine and rock yer socks off.

I guess thats what I get for hanging around at the Komet amp shop to much. Everything seems to lack complexity and touch. If only I could talk them into a two channel amp!
O well, back it goes!

jpage

No offense but the SW45 Egnater is supposed to be a different class of amp than the Chinese Eggies. I'm still waiting for a review!

kodou

So what's the deal with not being able to A/B the channels?
Just that. Plugging into one negates the use of the other. Can't even A/B it.

To me that seems like it is targeted at single channel amp lovers who control their gain with the guitar volume. Seems a little too restrictive for my tastes.

Trending Topics