• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

New Amp: Gold Sparkle Goodsell S17

stephenT

Standard Disclaimer: I work w/ Richard on his digital media, we're buds and I've owned nothing but Goodsell amps (I've lost count) since I bought my first, #0015.

I had seen the gold sparkle covering on the Mojotone web site and that was it, how could my next amp be anything but gold sparkle?, Richard suggested the brown and tan grill cloth w/ his new chrome plated steel chassis (which makes my amp a Goodsell Super 17 Mark IV Plus).

So I heard my cabinet had come in along w/ the chrome plated steel chassis so I drove down to R's shop yesterday and we did a "proof of concept" mock up. I decided on a WGS G12C/S, we slapped in the chassis and logo,..

And to the pics,...

Last edited:

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
It would be awesome to have that amp with either the gold sparkle Baja Tele or gold sparkle Strat!

GTRJohnny

Loving the chrome! :) I spoke to Richard about this in late Summer. It looks great, man, congrats! I need to call him and talk options. Tax return this year is buying something fun! ;)

I would be interested in what you think of that speaker when it settles in, because I would be choosing amonst the smooth cone, the regular C, and the Jupiter 12".

Definitely going WGS this time, because they have been great to me and their speakers sound amazing.

stephenT

Loving the chrome! :) I spoke to Richard about this in late Summer. It looks great, man, congrats! I need to call him and talk options. Tax return this year is buying something fun! ;)

I would be interested in what you think of that speaker when it settles in, because I would be choosing amonst the smooth cone, the regular C, and the Jupiter 12".

Definitely going WGS this time, because they have been great to me and their speakers sound amazing.
Two thumbs up for WGS speakers. I have a WGS Black and Blue alnico in my Goodsell V6 and it's spectacular.

On the WGS G12C/S, I'm excited about this speaker. What I've heard of it is impressive so I'm curious what it'll do on stage.

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
Congrats. Looks great. I just took delivery of a new Custom 33 Mk IV head on Monday. Richard was a pleasure to deal with (as you know).

Dad love mom

Gold Supporting Member
Standard Disclaimer: I work w/ Richard on his digital media, we're buds and I've owned nothing but Goodsell amps (I've lost count) since I bought my first, #0015.

I had seen the gold sparkle covering on the Mojotone web site and that was it, how could my next amp be anything but gold sparkle?, Richard suggested the brown and tan grill cloth w/ his new chrome plated steel chassis (which makes my amp a Goodsell Super 17 Mark IV Plus).

So I heard my cabinet had come in along w/ the chrome plated steel chassis so I drove down to R's shop yesterday and we did a "proof of concept" mock up. I decided on a WGS G12C/S, we slapped in the chassis and logo,..

And to the pics,...

I'm so jealous. A Goodsell is the next amp on my list. Congrats!

BCJek

That is gorgeous. Looks like tweed from a distance, and has class.

And I bet it sounds great.

Mild jealousy here.

BadAssBill

southofnash.com
Gold Supporting Member
Not a big flake anything kind of guy, but that's cool. I bet it would look great by the light of a neon sign and maybe a hollow body nearby. :)

Enjoy!

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I saw it on FaceBook and practically fainted. I am not used to the flashy from Richards designs. I think of his amps more as well dressed and understated with regard to cosmetics. But this nails the definition of eye candy.

la noise

What's next, Richard doing a Kustom-style tuck and roll cabinet covering?? :huh

Congrats, OP! :aok

GEN DAWG

Woooooohoooooo! Sparkles improve touch sensitivity and make everything 2 dB louder! Congrats, Stephen. Plug in on of your excellent axes and let 'er rip.

Hcklr

I've loved all of the Goodsell amps I've owned and played. I love seeing Richard doing these fun/awesome things with the amps. He's always got a way of keeping it exciting.

Trending Topics