New amp street prices?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jlb32, Feb 1, 2015.

1. jlb32

jlb32 Member

Do most of you guys usually pay listed prices or MAP for the new amps you buy or do most dealers deal on amp prices like they usually do with guitars?

2. cheapgtrs

cheapgtrs Supporting Member

Ive never paid asking price but only ever bought 3 amps new so....

3. playthecray

playthecray Member

4. IM4Tone

IM4Tone Member

If you want to know what the 'street' prices are, go to Musician's Friend, AMS, or Sweetwater. They're all usually the same, and all of them honor 'lower price'. Except for a special sale such as clearance, open box, scratch and dent, etc. it's usually difficult to find much better prices IME.

5. jlb32

jlb32 Member

Thanks guys. I know Mesa Boogie has their set price rule but figured others might have some room for negotiating.

6. Joe Perry

Joe Perry Member

I was just thinking of this same thing this morning. I know Dr Z does something similar to Mesa.

Does anyone know if any dealer offers a discount on Two Rocks or Fuchs? I've never inquired.

Funny thing, years ago I bought a new Tone King Meteor II from Fatsound WAY before their whole debacle. I was totally expecting to pay list and one of the Mikes there says "Let me check, I think we give 10% off of list". That was a nice suprise.