1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

New amp: THD Flexi!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Myron Stratis, May 12, 2005.

1. Myron Stratis

Myron Stratis Member

So here is the story: I was in a search of a Marshall-style amp. I've bought a Carr Rambler and now it's for sale, too american-sounding for me!

So here comes the Flexi part: I've played one and really LOVED it's openess and fast attack. So after some mail exchanges with Mr. Ed deGenaro the Flexi arrived this morning (and I am officially a THD artist!!!!)

The nature of the beast is really original and refreshing for me: I can hear Marshall, Vox even some Fender Super Reverb influences! It is a very open, clear and bright amp, no harsh tones here, it sounds rude and refined at the same time! It can get smooth and loose if you want to. The way Andy Marshall voiced it's midrange is sooooo nice.... It sounds very clear and cutting and I bet that in a band setting no one can hide you! (I'll let you know soon)

Flexi is definitely an unforgiving amp but played through my THD 2x12 (CL80 - V30) has enough "sag" to make me happy: Definitely think uncompressed sweet cutting tone.

It takes pedals in an unbelievable way: My Maxon SD9 sounds like heaven! Changing a guitar is like changing a whole setup with that amp: It is amazing! My Les Paul sounds fat and toothy and my Suhr sounds like a great Strat should. The single coil tone of the Flexi is something someone has to hear to believe! So dynamic and BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

It cleans amazingly well with the volume knob, another thing that someone has to hear to believe it! We are talking for transparent, dynamic clean tones just by lowering your guitar's volume!

Overall, it screams QUALITY. It is build like a tank, even the footswitch comes with two Planet Waves cords and it is by far the heaviest, most awesome build footswitch I have ever seen!

I am very very happy,(you can tell by my review!!!!!) my Flexi is all I wanted from an amp. THD customer support is THE BEST I've ever had from anywhere. So I will soon prepare some clips, I can't wait to capture it's tone on some cool tracks!

2. fyler

fyler Member

congratulations!
    i've been a very satisfied flexi user for almost a year now. i love that amp!

3. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Silver Supporting Member

4. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

Cool!

Can't wait to hear your Flexi clips.

5. rwe333

rwe333 Supporting Member

That's a great amp/cab - congratulations.

6. trisonic

trisonic Member

Well done, look forward to your clips, Myron.
    The Flexi is hard to beat in any category - a little bird told me that he especially loves its' cleans.

Best, Pete.

7. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

Cool! Sounds like a great amp. So what does a "THD Artist" mean? Do you get a free t-shirt??

8. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

Cool! Sounds like a great amp. So what does a "THD Artist" mean? Do you get a free t-shirt??

9. scottl

scottl Member

Congrats Myron! The Flexi is a GREAT amp! I love mine. Even though you'd never know it since I am always posting Fuchs stuff....

Ed is one of my fave net guys! Always up for a stimulating round of intelligent contradiction and a veretable plethora of all things guitar ;)

Great customer service and guitar skills as well :dude

10. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

What an interesting way of saying I'm a blow hard!!! :)

11. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

I spent some time listening to the Flexi at Namm. What interested me is that the amp had lots of tones in it. For example, when you cut the power down the whole character of the amp changed. It cleaned up well, and sounded good through an Attenuator (which makes sense). And through the THD 4 x 12, that amp sounded huge! You could really hear the guitar's character, and seems like it could cover a lot of ground for a gigging or recording guy.

12. SouthernShred

SouthernShred Member

I really want to try one myself...I've heard great clips but nothing like running it through the paces for yourself. And yes, Ed is a top notch guy :) Insane chops too, but I'm just jealous :D

13. Mark C

Mark C Member

Best all around amp I've ever played through. The only amp I've played that I can happily gig with without using any pedals, although I do that as well. I no longer own Marshalls and I no longer drool over amps. All I need to do is get my Pro Reverb fixed and I'm set.:)

14. Myron Stratis

Myron Stratis Member

Thanks guys for all the replies, I am glad that we all love our amps!!!!:D

15. Myron Stratis

Myron Stratis Member

16. markp

markp Member

Always up for a FLEXI LOVE thread!
    Hanging out at the gear page can cause intence gas problems,wich I combat with a little Flexi tweeking.
    I have found that everything that the Flexi wont do for me,the soldano Avenger will take care of the rest.
    I could cut back the collection to just the Flexi(just dont tell the wife that) and be very happy.

So why am I wanting to hear the VHT Deliverance.??
    Well I guess it is hard for 1 amp to cure all the Gas.

17. Blue Finger

Blue Finger Member

I don't know how many times my Flexi has saved me from gas attacks. You know how it is, you get on here and start reading about this amp and that amp, next thing you know, your bloated as a dead hog, with G.A.S.
    I always plug into my Flexi before I take the plunge on a different amp. 97.3% of the time, this works. The other 2.7% of the time, I buy the other amp anyway, but the new one always goes and the Flexi always stays. The Flexi is the amp for me, it's my voice on guitar.

18. Amplite

Amplite Member

Still one of the best deals around - this amp delivers!!
    :dude