New amp: Two Rock Custom Reverb Signature

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Quinny, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Quinny

Quinny Member

Sort of New Amp Day here.....got a Two Rock CRSv2 as part of a trade deal I did recently. Wasn't planning on keeping it long, but arrived today and I've just spent a couple of hours with a couple of nice guitars into it.

DAMN! It's a sweet amp indeed! I'm really into clean and mild crunch tones....amps that let the guitar be the guitar whilst also imparting a bit of the amp character onto it (same reason I like Bad Cat so much). Love the EQ bypass, same feature as one of the Bad Cats, don't remember which....but keeps things simple and wow, what a wonderful sound. I'm a lucky boy indeed, picked up a 1954 Goldtop recently....on the gain channel with the gain low and the master high it's heavenly! At one point I sat down, looked at the amp, looked at the guitar, back at the amp, the guitar again....and considered locking the studio door and throwing the keys out the window. All in all, a good few hours!

Happy days! :)

Q.

2. sfarnell

sfarnell Gold Supporting Member

The amp is simply one of the best ever made IMO. Congratulations.

3. mototpsychel

mototpsychel Member

I stumbled on the same amp as well and bought it with the intention of moving it for a profit. I ended up selling my Mesa Mark V and keeping the TR sig v2. Just a great, great, amp.

Great reverb, stunning cleans, and crunch to kill for.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  4. Quinny

Quinny Member

Yes, the reverb is very nice too. I'm generally not a fan of reverbs on amps, I think the only one I've ever liked is on the Bad Cat Trem Cat, but still wasn't a massive fan. The 'verb on the Two Rock is very usable, a very sweet reverb which is kinda transparent if you want it to be. Very nice with cleans and just a touch of crunch. Great amp, looking forward to finishing work tonight and another couple of hours with it! :)

5. guitarpedaladdict

guitarpedaladdict Supporting Member

Congrats! I just picked up a CRS v1 and I am nothing short of stunned by how good it sounds. The more time I spend with it the more rewards I find. Incredible amps!

6. truecam123

truecam123 Member

I'm assuming you guys have the 50watters? If so, how is the clean headroom in a band situation when playing with other instruments? Is the 100watters on those amps too much for good lower volumes? Just curious in case my turn comes some day.....

7. guitarpedaladdict

I actually went from a TR Jet Sig (around 35 watts) to the 50 watt CRV for this exact reason. 35 watts was good for the first hour of playing, but once the amp really gets warmed up, it starts to have a bit of hair. The CRV actually has a noticeable increase in headroom over the Jet.

I wanted more headroom and like to rely primarily on pedals for dirt. I have not tried the 100 watt, but the 50 allows me to maintain clean tones with a fairly heavy hitting drummer, but to still be able to use the natural breakup of the amp when I want to. The 50 also sound really good for home or studio use.

8. truecam123

truecam123 Member

Great, thanks for the reply. Is that a 50 watt CRVv3 that you have?

9. guitarpedaladdict

Sorry for delayed response, mine is a V1.

10. GITARGUY

GITARGUY Member

I recently ALMOST got a CRV v2... Doesn't look like its happening though. But damn, I love this amp. I hope I'll find a decently priced one so that my tonal dreams may come to fruition....

Maybe I'll end up losing patience and just buying a red plate black-n-blues or other instead.

Congrats on the amp!