• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Amp/Victoria

BJW

Picked up a 5112 yesterday.Loving it so far, what I was looking for in a small toneful package.I'm a fan of the less is better approach so the 1 knob works for me!Checked out a Valvetrain Tallboy, Victoria Ivy League, and a Swart STR-Tweed as well and the 5112 won out for my needs/wants.Off I go for some more Tele/tweed rockin':JAM

frquent flyer

I get happy when I read of another Victoria owner. I have two and happy with them. Think I would like an Ivy League some day.

lukeII

Congrats I am getting major GAS for an Ivy League sounds tighter and bigger than a deluxe from the demos I've heard. What did you think of it when you made your choice??

joesnewmatch

Music Is My Soul Food
Silver Supporting Member
I used to have a 518 that was the perfect match for my single coil Fenders, but didn't hang as well with my humbuckers. I suspect the 5112 would do the trick very nicely. Congrats on your new amp!

BJW

lukeII, The Ivy League sounded great, great cleans, almost blackface-like, responded well to pick attack and dynanmics.Had a nice warm dimed sound as well, the 5112 was a little gnarlier when dimed which is what I was looking for.

clint

I had the same exact experience as ^^ Ivy League stayed cleaner at higher volumes and was a cool amp for a chimey vibe but I preferred the 5112's gnarliness. Granted the 5112 gives up the goods pretty early compared to the Ivy, which is a louder amp.

lukeII

BJW Thanks for the feedback that is my impression of it as well, which is why I like it. Mark Baier makes great amps and so many many flavors of tweed that there is something for everyone.

Trending Topics