New Amp Video Demo - Orange Tiny Terror (SM57 Audio)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by MikeLivesley, Feb 18, 2008.

1. MikeLivesley

MikeLivesley Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ukNHI38FYY4

[​IMG]

Audio recorded using closemic'd SM57, basically a run through the various gain levels you can get out of this thing and what effect the Tone control and 15/7 Watt modes have on the sound.

2. Gasp100

Gasp100 Member

Nice, I've been looking for a more thorough review of this amp with settings included. Mine is on the way. Tele sounds good too...
    Orange + Marshall = :dude

3. SkipTracer

SkipTracer Member

Nice demo!
    Off-topic question: Did you make that microphone mount yourself?

4. MikeLivesley

MikeLivesley Member

Thanks for checking it out guys! Gap100 - I think you'll love this little box, I adore it. Wonderful for recording and practise and super fun loud and crunchy with the band.

SkipTracer - it's from here: http://www.ampclamp.com/ . really cheap, only £17 shipped to the UK, you screw a mounting plate to the cab which the boom slides in and out of. Maybe not perfect for some who don't want to screw anything into their amp but perfect for me as I want it semi permanent.

5. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

Thanks for the video demo.. It was a great demo and you have a funny sense of humor .. .Thanks again

Eric

6. miks

miks Member

Killer demo, funny and really informative. I love the sounds you got. What was your recording rig?

7. MikeLivesley

MikeLivesley Member

Thanks very much!

The recording setup is just an SM57 into my Edirol UA-1000 USB2.0 Audio Interface. It has four preamps built in, 10in/10out in all and direct monitoring under SW control, cool piece of kit and it has served me well. It's discontinued now, mine is the full rack 1u size unit, they have smaller 1/2u units these days which have 2 preamps I think, either using USB2.0 or Firewire.

The talking audio and video is captured using a cruddy Logitch webcam and it's built in mic, then I post process this, silencing the bad audio from the cam while I'm playing.

Editing is done with Windows Movie Maker, which is rubbish - but free!

8. MikeLivesley

MikeLivesley Member

lol... 111 views and 6 replies.

I kinda figured this was a longshot.

9. BryanMatthews

BryanMatthews Member

Mike, what speaker is in your cab bro ? It sounds mighty farty to my ears as if it cant handle the low end or is your mic on the camcorder contributing to that sound.

Tell you what though dude, you look SO much like my mate Anto that Im going to ask him if he is parading around with two names and doing amp demos in his spare time..............seriously, the resemblance is simply terrifying :BEER

Thanks for taking the time to make a most watchable demo mike

Bryan

10. MikeLivesley

MikeLivesley Member

Thanks for watching.

i don't use the camcorder mic to record the guitar playing, all the guitar sounds is SM57 only, I silence the cam audio in postprocessing. The speaker is only the old stock Celestion that came with my old Lead12 combo from the 80s I convtered into this cab.

haha.. I get that a lot, people say I look like Thom Yorke, Julian Barrett from the Might Boosh to name a couple.

11. hamfist

hamfist Member

Nice one Mike. keep working on those chops !!

Seriously, I would also have liked to hear a little bit with humbuckers as well to compare with, if that had been possible.

12. funkywrench

funkywrench Member

+1 on the humbuckers.

Fantastic demo though! Thanks for that!

13. Kitarist

Kitarist Supporting Member