New Amp: Voodoo Amps V-Rock100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 4nkam, Feb 23, 2008.

1. 4nkam

4nkam Member

Well just like I figured, it arrived minutes after I left for work this afternoon :p I haven't had a chance to crank it...actually, I haven't been able to put it past whisper/normal speaking volumes. From what I CAN hear so far, it sounds really really good :D

For those unfamiliar with the amp, it's Voodoo Amp's 80s Rock amp. Basically their version of the modded JCM800s and Plexi's from back in the day. I believe they started with an 800 and beefed up the design, made some improvements and worked their normal voodoo on it. What makes this one even cooler is that it also has their high gain update so you can kick in an additional gain stage (rock to brutal) AND you can also use the onboard Boost switch.

Here are specs/general info:

Hopefully I can turn it up tomorrow morning before leaving for work again...otherwise I'll have to wait until Monday. Clips will be coming for sure though.

Also, big thanks to Josh at REBEL AMPS for this one :) He's a great guy to deal with and I definitely see myself giving him some more business soon. If you haven't done so, checkout his new site above. He carries Voodoo Amps, Diezel, Engl, Framus, Caparison, and a lot more cool stuff.

Here are some pix:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ironman

Ironman Member

Cool, nice pics! I love the JCM800's, I'm sure the V-Rock is a killer rock amp.

3. countandduke

countandduke Member

LOVE my V-Plex!!!! The Voodoo guys make some killer stuff and are among the friendliest out there.

Chris

4. wasp

wasp Member

awesome! yes, please post some clips, been wanting to hear one of these
    for awhile.

5. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

VRock smokes any JCM800 out there. They are beasts!

6. Jay Strange

Jay Strange Member

Congrats dude! Thats one bad mofo! I totally regret sellin' mine:jo
    I'll definately be back in the future. How about that low end???:crazy
    Incredible master and wicked fast response.The most underated amp I've ever come across.

7. mcgriff420

mcgriff420 Member

Cool! I really like the V-plex, it had much more gain than the 83' 800 I was playing. I can only imagine how much gain that has on tap with the brutal switch engaged :crazy

8. EinsteinBeater

EinsteinBeater Member

I looked at that amp alot of times but there's nothing on it on the web. I going to stop at their shop in the summer and I'll bring my fav Strat to test one. I like the high gain mod on that one.

I just picked up a Modena60 from Josh at Rebel AMps as well and he was great to deal with. Highly recommend him if you're looking for a boutique amp.

One more thing, man you take some good pics.

9. Electric I

Electric I Member

That is one classy-looking amp.

'Grats.

10. SgtThump

SgtThump Supporting Member

Whooooooooooooa. I want that.