NEW AMP!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jbright44, Feb 13, 2012.

1. jbright44

jbright44 Member

So, I just picked up an Orange TH30 from the emporium for a good deal. I finally got to take it out and play it at church this weekend for the first time on both Saturday and Sunday.

Holy smokes this amp rocks. I've almost completely converted to using the drive channel for most of my OD tones. When playing full on chords through that thing with the gain at about 11 o'clock, it's just so rich and sweet!

Even both sound guys at the two places I played made comments. When I cranked it up the first time and hit the first chord, the worship leader looked at me and said "oh man....it's going to be a good day today!"

I just thought I'd share. The TH30 is a rocking amp!

2. Jim S

Jim S Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

How do you like the OD and clean compared to the Dual Terror (in your signature)?

3. Axe-Man

Axe-Man Member

It's a cool little amp IMHO. Nice clean ch and plenty of power options to get it rocking.

When it's loud it really sounds good though lower it needs a bit of external EQ IMHO (which is simple to add). Through my PPC112's it sounds a little brittle/bright as they are new and seriously need breaking in; it sounds pretty awesome through my PPC412.

I've found it's got a great loop and with a POD/MFX, it becomes very flexible.

4. robertkoa

robertkoa Member

Pretty cool worship leader, who appreciates goodwill AND good CRUNCH !

5. jrbanjo

jrbanjo Member

I played one of those once and thought it sounded incredible. Not quite the sound I'd use on a regular basis...but I left the store playing the old "now how could i make the $ work..." game. ;-)

6. jbright44

jbright44 Member

The DT didn't really have a clean channel at all and that really was the main reason fro changing. We put our cabs in an iso-box so we can really crank the amps. I'd have to keep the DT volume so low to get it be clean that I just couldn't ever get a clean sound in the house I was happy with. The biggest thing for me across the board is just clarity. The TH has a nice clean channel. It's not a Matchless or Dr. Z by any stretch but it's great for what I do.

The overdrive tough was the main difference. The OD on the TH is so much thicker and clearer than the DT is. Not only that but the range of tones you can out of the TH is much wider than the DT IMO. Even though the OD channel only has the one "shape" knob, from all the way off to all the way is so much difference and there are tons of sounds in there if you want them. That's honestly what I like best. The controls are super simple. I don't like tweaking and fiddling. I just want to set it to where it sounds good and leave it alone!

7. Jim S

Jim S Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member