New Amplifire GUI is coming.... Looks nice!

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by GuitarGuru83, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Member

Good One.

Never got into Windows Mobile.

2. Art_Vandelay

Art_Vandelay Supporting Member

Unfortunately, the screen shot suggests it will not be, or at least not on a patch-by-patch basis. The 'Routing' section, which shows all the movable blocks, doesn't list the effects loop, and it doesn't look like it is a scrollable section with more movable blocks that just happen to be out of view (you can see the scroll bar in the patch list and the flanger parameter section, but no scroll bar in the Routing section).

I hate to be pessimistic but, given that this has been a frequent request for quite a while now to no avail, I'm beginning to think that it can't be done for one reason or another (or would require some unacceptable tradeoffs, like long patch-switching times). I hope to be proven wrong! I suppose there is some possibility that it will be movable on a global basis, and thus not shown on the edit panel.

3. guajolote

guajolote Member

This is not a real stomp box, but a picture in a screen. For a touch screen, sliders are much more easy to use.;)

On the other hand, I like that it allows you to see all parameters at once .

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Viabcroce likes this.
  4. Chris Hayden

Chris Hayden Member

Looks pretty good to me. Patiently waiting for the update and all the new goodies I'm sure it will contain.

5. Fireheart7

Fireheart7 Member

I see. FYI I went direct to monitor with both and most certainly the out of the box tone on the CUBE is better to my ears. But so was the RP7 I used in the 90s and the POD 2.0 for that matter. However at some point it seems something changed in how Line6 goes about designing their units' starting points. I had a similar experience trying the 300 years ago. The character of the tone did not do it for me. Hey, when I first plugged a Barber CC, a Wampler DF, a Mesa Express, RP7 etc etc and yes, my Roland CUBE the characters of those tones were good to my ears and provided me with a starting point I could work with. Completely subjective and that is OK cause it's me spending the cash lol. Helix and their 300, though I am sure could do what I need, made me feel tone wise I was 1000 miles from my tone destination, and I decided not to waste my time on that journey. I keep equipment that at least gets ME in the ballpark from the get go. I have returned tube amps and pedals for the same reason. We all decide what gear to keep and it is a personal decision. No piece of gear can be the end all be all for everyone. I hope you will stop trying to imply my decision is less valid than yours, they're both equal.
    Cheers

Musicroom and -Empire like this.
  6. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Gold Supporting Member

I hate sliders, look son unprofessional in softwares. IMO of course. ;)

jageya likes this.
  7. PaisleyWookie

PaisleyWookie Member

I respectfully disagree. I prefer the bit of skewmorphism, when it comes to these sorts of UI's.

8. Mandrax

Mandrax Member

Dials clearly look better, but as I said, I find sliders easier to manipulate than dials. I'm hoping we'll be able to type in the settings as well as turn the dials.

guajolote and JiveTurkey like this.
  9. chrisjnyc

chrisjnyc Supporting Member

So its not going to have 2 of the same FX? No 2 drives or 2 delays?

For the record, I like the sliders better... easier to fine tune from a PC with a mouse

guajolote likes this.
  10. Elric

Elric Supporting Member

I have used real hardware for so long, I "think" in terms of dials, personally. Sliders on guitar gear throw me off. Mixer is the only place they feel right.

11. acroberts

acroberts Member

Looks much better than the Kemper editor...

Viabcroce likes this.
  12. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Member

I use my AF for P&W and unfortunately you will not be able to get much in the way of Ambient stuff with it's current config, but that may change with the new update coming out that may address the Reverbs and Delays. It has a 4 tap delay, but you can't stack multiple delays with different types in a different order with Reverb which is need for ambient and good volume swelling. I run a Boss Dd-500 delay and RV-6 reverb in the loop for my ambient stuff, stacked with the onboard AF effects.
    Also use a Zoom MS-70CDR in the loop when needed, which has great delays and reverbs. If you put a CDR in the loop of the AF you would be all set but switching on the CDR is a bit tricky live.

Hopefully this will all change in a few weeks when the new firmware is released.

Fireheart7 and texasdave like this.
  13. RolandKorg

RolandKorg Member

Why do i need/want a microSD card slot?
    The "walled garden?" There's a reason why Apple products are the most emulated devices. They create and innovate, and consistency of operation, design, brand, and functionality are a component of their success. The freedom to customize.... That's kinda what killed MySpace, isn't it? I don't know what i'd want to customize that i can't already.... Kinda like not wanting to have an aftermarket spoiler and bling-y rims on my mercedes.... When you have great design at your foundation, there's not a lot of reason to divert from that. But, hey - i'm a designer, and my respect goes there, and not to people who copy.

Not sure what you mean, about the iPod Touch versus the Digitech. You're blaming Apple for Digitech no longer supporting the Touch? My Zune still works with my iStomp.... : )

14. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

15. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

Oh cheery Apple user! :crazyguy

16. mac jones

mac jones Member

What does 2016 look like?

17. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. dbagchee

dbagchee Supporting Member

I don't know, most touch UI's for Guitar/music stuff is still pretty "knobby" (Line 6's recent editors being one notable exception):

I think as long as the mouse/finger interaction is handled makes a difference. Many have you scroll up and down after clicking the knob so in a sense is a slider movement with a knob visualization.

19. Fireheart7

Fireheart7 Member

This is so helpful! So right now you get to use just one delay and one reverb block vs being able to use multiple delay blocks plus at least one reverb block... good to know... Do you know if FX8 or AX8 allow multiple delay blocks plus reverb?

20. Guitar1969

Guitar1969 Member

I think the use of knobs over sliders will help with useability as long as they also provide a way to enter an exact value as well as an alternative option. As discussed on some of the other threads, many find the effects blocks overwhelming with so many options and therefore do not use it to its full capability. It sounds like the sounds/capabilities may be there, but getting to the sound you want is a challenge with the way its configured.

But at this point any streamlining will be welcomed.