• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New amps day score!

Hey all! New to the forum and looking for thoughts. Picked these up a couple days ago. Traded a Gibson l1 Robert Johnson and a couple pedals for these three old gems. I am familiar with the old valco ('52?) And the Maggie 260 which I think is a '58? But the odd ball here is this big ole thing in black. Says "Audio Guild Corp" on the panel. Has channel called "ultraflex" ...changes output between two different speakers an 8" in the top of the cab and a 12" that's enclosed in the lower 2/3rd's. Have found a little info on the net but not much. SE were labeled panoramic...some Bonham...some versatone? Anyway... All three of these new to me amps sound awesome but this big tall black drink of water has me in awe! The sound is something else. Very deep and three dimensional...with sparkle. Plus an absolutely amazing vibrato and reverb! Never seen anything labeled "star" please enlighten me with any info you masters of old amp knowledge may know! Having a bugger of a time trying to get pics on here....how to do?​

65DuoSonic

Leonc

Wild Gear Hearder
Platinum Supporting Member
That's right. Beyond similar vibrato circuit (which Bonham had designed at Magnatone), there was no business-affiliation with Magnatone. You should visit this site for more info.

That's right. Beyond similar vibrato circuit (which Bonham had designed at Magnatone), there was no business-affiliation with Magnatone. You should visit this site for more info.
Thanks much! Kind of an interesting history. So many different brand names attached to this amp. Mine has a badge on it denoting it as a "Star" ...have yet to see another. Any idea what that may be about?

Trending Topics