New Anderson...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jazzchaos, Jul 31, 2005.

1. jazzchaos

jazzchaos Member

I bought a new Anderson Hollow T Classic a couple of weeks ago...and today it has been listed on Anderson's site as the Weekly Favorite for this week:

http://www.andersonguitars.com/weekly.html

This is the best guitar I have owned. The TM2 in the bridge sounds absolutely incredible.

Sean

2. Kappy

Kappy Member

Congrats on the guitar. I'm sure it sounds like a monster!

Dave

3. Mr.Hanky

Mr.Hanky Member

That is really nice, I love that color. Nice pup choice, I net that is different.

I had a hollow-t classic, is wasn't for me but it was a great guitar, a bit neck heavy though. I guess that is par for the course with a Tele.

4. cycler

cycler Supporting Member

Jazzchaos, can you tell me a little about the sound of the neck pckup-M1, I am thinking about a hollow t with that pickup in the neck and tv3 in the bridge...thanks...BTW, that's a good looking tele, best of luck with it...

5. jazzchaos

jazzchaos Member

emilio,

Thanks for the completment! The M1 sounds like a highly-refined mini-humbucker with a definite ode to vintage Fender. It sounds great with the hollow body. It seems to be very sensitive to the tone control. I can coax very jazzy tones from the pickup as well as typical Fender tones (but quiet!).

Sean

6. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

Cool...!

Love the color!

I had a couple of TA's Hollow T Classics... light as a feather, and great-playing instruments!

Enjoy!

7. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Anderson makes magical Instruments. I have yet to play anything from him that dosen't play or sound wonderful. I can't say that about any other company. Even my tele made from TA parts era wood just sounds amazing.

Congrats on the tele! One thing I have never tried yet are the M size pick ups. Are they really single coilish like he describes them?

8. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Congratulations on an awesome guitar!!
    I love my hollow T.
    Andersons just play so well.
    Enjoy

Richard

9. flicker180

flicker180 Member

split, yes, they do....i had an M1, M1, H2 equipped Cobra with a mini toggle for splitting and wow, articulate punch and clarity when split and fullbore drive when not...

in my opinion, they're my favourite anderson pickups yet.

I wish my HDT had 'em.

*sigh*

dave

10. Marty Horne

Marty Horne Guest

Sean,
    What a cool guitar; I really like that color blue. I had a Hollow Cobra with 3 minis that was a great guitar but I sold it because the neck was too thin for me. I want to get another one with the larger roundback neck shape. Best of luck with your new axe.

11. flicker180

flicker180 Member

really? my HDT has a .70 oversized neck that feels exactly like the cobra neck...weird.

dave

12. wodka

wodka Supporting Member

Did you get that from IndoorStorm? I contemplated that one for a whle.

13. jazzchaos

jazzchaos Member

yes! I saw it on the sight and had to check it out. I was blown away. I had previously swore off high-end guitars until I played this one. I sold my 2 Kleins and a Teuffel about 6 months ago. I picked up a "big 2" guitar to see if that could fill the void but it just couldn't fit the bill.

Sean

14. Marty Horne

Marty Horne Guest

Dave,
    My Cobra had the standard neck carve which is about half the thickness of my PRS, McNaught, and Les Paul Elegant. Most people would probably like it (it's Anderson's most popular neck carve) but I've always liked the feel of a meaty neck.

15. Mr.Hanky

Mr.Hanky Member

I have a 62 roundback cobra neck on my hollow cobra and it is really nice. Quite a bit bigger then a standard Cobra neck, very round and nice.