New Antelope Effects planned!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gururyan, Jan 6, 2006.

1. gururyan

gururyan Member

I was talking to Brian at www.AntelopeFX.com regarding his Morning Dew EQ and asked about any upcoming or planned pedals. Boy was I in for a surprise, check out what he is working on for this year!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can't wait!

2. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

Nice....I plan on picking up a MDEQ when they starting rolling again....plus, who wouldn't want a whole board of pedals with blatant Dead references!

Brian

3. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Yep, I talked with Brian a long time ago about his Envelope Filter plans. Now that I have tried his EQ I am very interested to see the other stuff he comes up with. Of course love the Dead theme, but don't forget about Phish..."Antelope" effects.:AOK

4. trumpus

Right on - I'm waiting for the Wolfman's wah, the YEM comp and the Theme vibe!!

Brian

5. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Ha! From what I understand there actually is going to be a Wolfman's Fuzz.

6. trumpus

Excellent!

7. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Man, I'm already GAS-ing for that phaser...

Someone pass on to Brian that it would be great for it to be under 6 1/2" wide, be able to take a 9v adapter, and have the headroom to not distort with high output pickups. Because then I'll buy 10. ;) Hell, I'll proto the new unit... I seem to have a knack in finding flaws in pedals... I still feel kinda bad about finding the crackly noise in the 1st batch of Cactus Crunch's.

-Ben

8. BrianB

BrianB Member

Really glad you guys seem to dig the new ideas :) The phaser is a ways off but headroom shouldn't be an issue at all and it will run at 9volts, just like all my pedals. It's going to be a little bigger than 6 1/2 though: 7 3/8. You Enjoy Myself Comp... hmmm :hiP

9. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

i plan on buying every Antelope effects pedal that comes out. Keep me posted, Brian.

10. fyler

fyler Member

i actually find it a bit of a turn off. s' alright though...plenty of other pedals out there.

11. lanervoza

lanervoza Member

will the morning dew EQ allow me to get a nasty, AM radio like tone by cutting the treble/bass + cranking the mids? conversely, will it allow me to get a more typical metal sound by cranking the treble/bass and cutting the mids (scooping)? that's basically what i'm looking for in an eq, those two special effect tones.

12. brian marshall

brian marshall Member

brian is a cool guy, although i havent talked to him in a while.

I can already tell that the rotary switch will probably not fit in the shakedown where he has it in the drawing.

13. BrianB

BrianB Member

That's cool. I understand these won't be for everyone. Trying to make pedals that have a good ratio of making me happy and making other people happy, so of course not everyone can have it exactly as they want :BEER

Nothing nasty in the Dew, but you can get a pretty lo-fi sound like that. If placed after a chunky OD it does the scooped metal thing much better than I originally expected, as I didn't set out to do that.

Hey Brian (that's always weird to say). You've been popping out great new stuff like nobodies business. And no need to worry, should fit just right :)

[​IMG]

14. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

MAN...I wish that Morning Dew came in a smaller box....I'm so cramped right now.

I MIGHT try to move things around this weekend though! :D

15. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

And I too will just have to make room for the phaser when its available!
    Thanks for the follow-up Brian!

-Ben

16. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I have two questions:

On the phase shifter, are those two jacks for expression pedals?

On the envelope filter, how would you use an effects loop?

I'm interested, just trying to figure them out... I am in the market for a stereo phaser (deluxe moon phaser, methinks) and the Emma Discumbobulator has my eye for the mutron thang... waiting patiently to hear more about these for now...

17. BrianB

BrianB Member

The two jacks are indeed expression pedal jacks. I might drop the depth in favor of regen or make it switchable, I'm not exactly sure yet. The Candyman still has some stuff to be worked out of course. That control set it pretty accurate but don't be surprised if you see changes.

The effects loop on the Shakedown allows you to have effects after the preamp but before the filter. So the trigger is off your original guitar signal and the effect(s) in the loop gets affected. This is different than having those pedals before or after the pedal in that before you'll get messed up dynamics and the filter doesn't sweep as smooth with most pedals (especially those that change the level or intensity), and after, a lot of pedals get to jumpy, ODs screech too much or you just don't get as cool of sounds as you'll get with an effect in the loop. With a phaser after you just get a phase shifted, clean enveloped tone, but in the loop, the envelope encompasses the shifting and it just sounds neato :) With the addition of the FX Loop in/out switch you can take all the effects out of the Shakedown's FX Loop and use them as you normally would in-line, after the Shakedown.

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

what about price range and waiting time?

19. BrianB

BrianB Member

Under $300 and sometime in 2006 :angel can't say for sure right now.

20. zoooombiex

zoooombiex Member

congrats brian on all the interest. and the envelope filter has come along nicely since the last schematic i saw - i'm definitely interested to try that one out! :)