New Baja Tech Custom DaMOAF V2 Way Cool!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by moodog, Jul 3, 2006.

1. moodog

moodog Member

I don't know if there's been a post about this yet, but I got an email from the company over the weekend about their new version of the DaMOAF. I have the old version and man I can tell you it's one of my favorite pedals.
    They are showing the new version having two stomp switches, switching 2 channels with a boost, and some sort of fine tune knob with added features. Sounds way cool.
    I can't say enough about these guys. Very well made pedals. My original DaMOAF is one of the most versatile distortion pedals I've ever had, I can't imagine what it would be like with even more options. They're calling it the "desert island distortion", I believe them. Check these guys out, they're good people.

http://www.bajatechcustom.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38

:dude

2. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

I have a Baja Tech Custom "Das Fuzz SI"
    Absolutley one of the best silicon fuzzes I have ever played.
    +1 on the Baja Tech Custom pedals.
    I spoke with them as well, and man are they professional and helpful.
    Peace,
    Mass

3. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

I have the orig DaMaof...sounds like a spot-on vintage Big Muff to me. Reasonble price, too. That new V2 indeed looks interesting.
    Greg

4. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

DA MOAF gets no love ANYWHERE for some reason. I think if they changed the names/looks of the pedals they would be absolute best sellers! The DAS FUzz I had was GREAT, it just didnt clean up from the volume control. I would love to try a DAS fuzz Ge.

DA MOAF is one of the best thick muff fuzzes I have played (glad you are liking it Greg! (I think you are the one that bought her from me)). I imagine V2 would be awesome. :drool

5. moodog

moodog Member

I've seen a lot of love for their pedals on other boards, just not here. No complaints but just no one talking about them here.
    I think they look great. It may be a matter of preference. The brushed enclosures are swank and look like they put some extra work into it.

6. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Yeah, to each his own on the looks, but the sounds of that thing (V1) are unbelievable!

7. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Come to think of it, yep, it was yours. :)

I also have a Mayo...and Da Moaf is very, very, close in tone (VERY close). You can tweak the Mayo more, but Da Moaf is...well, I said it already. Great ped...da pedal for da muff tone. And I'm not really a fuzz guy...tried several others and Da Moaf/Mayo and Soulbender work for me, for my taste (which leans more toward OD and away from sputtery buzz).

8. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Moodog,

What other sites have you seen the Baja Tech Customs on?
    Sent ya a PM to.
    Thankis,
    Mass

9. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Moodog,
    Got your PM.
    Thanks alot.
    Take care,
    Mass

10. moodog

moodog Member

No problem, catch you on the download.

:cool:

11. rocky101

rocky101 Member

I like the sound clips of that pedal, but isn't the original based on a Big Muff. Does anyone have V2 yet, I need a thick distortion but if it is based on a Muff then it probably won't play well with humbuckers

12. aksman

aksman Member

I just got the V2... Love the V1... Will post when I have a final opinion on the V2.

13. moodog

moodog Member

I hear you. Not enough is said about these pedals. I got both the V1 and the V2 now. It's all V2 these days, and loving it. The low gain section is sooooo sweet I hardly ever use the high gain setting unless I'm doing a lead solo or a power chorus ala pumpkins drone.

14. aksman

aksman Member

v2 for sale if anyone wants it... pm me ASAP