New band, new board. Really happy!

GuitarToma

For the last two years I've played in an all original rock band. I used a lot of delays, big reverbs, various levels of drive, etc. I had a huge board. I went all out too - Helweg case system, MusicomLab MKIV switcher, the Strymon big 3. It's a super versatile and really cool setup. Sucker weighed more than my amp though.

That project has come to its end!

I have now launched my own project, a blues/rock band, getting to write my own stuff. It's basically a three piece band with a vocalist. Super simple. Driving blues.

My new board?

Turbo Tuner>Zendrive (original!)>Lunar Module Deluxe>Boss DM2W>Rockett Archer(For boost). That's it! It all fits easily onto a Pedaltrain Metro 20.

I'm thrilled with this setup. Sounds fantastic, goes from a dirty clean to super big. The DM2W gives me nice depth for leads since there's no rhythm guitar.

Just wanted to share!

blackjaw

dude
Gold Supporting Member
images

Seriously, before after pics? ;)

Super Locrian

Great choices, I'd probably end up with something very similar if I had a 5 pedal limit. What amp are you running this into?

Turbo Tuner>Zendrive (original!)>Lunar Module Deluxe>Boss DM2W>Rockett Archer(For boost). That's it! It all fits easily onto a Pedaltrain Metro 20.

LordByron

The Dude abides!
I am increasingly hearing the siren's song of simplicity.

My "big" board is down to this Metro 24:
Untitled by ByronMGSanford, on Flickr

and now, more and more, I'm using this Nano+ board:
Lovepedal SNS Board by ByronMGSanford, on Flickr
Not quite as simple as yours, but it lets me cover a lot of ground.

Plus, both boards are run off of Li Ion batter packs, so less hunting for available (or decent) power for the board at gigs. :D

LordByron

The Dude abides!
That's cool - how long does the charge last, especially on the larger board?
On the large board, I use 2 10,000 mAh units (all those digital pedals draw down some juice) and I can easily get 4 - 5 hours of heavy use from the board. I've not yet managed to flat line it, so I don't know exactly how much further it will go.

The small board just uses one pack and I have, so far, easily gotten 3.5 hours out of it, with two bars still showing on the battery life indicator. I would guess I could probably get 4 to 4.5 hours out of it easily.

dbagchee

Silver Supporting Member
That Ojai fits nicely on the Metro 20! This is what I'm going with next show:

lXlODeIl.jpg

Pretty quiet with all the analog pedals and daisy chain but I wouldn't mind getting the El Cap on there - the tap tempo is handy!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom