• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New Barber Pedal

gtrguy17

Anyone seen or heard the new Burn Unit Small Fry? I just saw it on his home page and it looks interesting...

BFC

Silver Supporting Member
It was just announced today. I asked for details at his forum, The Barber Shop. That will probably be the first place to find out about it. I heard it was basically a single channel Burn Unit with a few tweaks but that could've changed by now.

The controls are identical to my old single-channel Burn Unit, with the addition of the toggle. I wonder if it's voiced the same as the older BUs--I know some people preferred them to the newer ones.

stephenyi

Found the statement below by David Barber from another forum.

The Small fry will have controls for bass, midrange, presence and "note shape" inside. The function of the toggle is being finalized during this week.

I'm very interested in this pedal!

teleblaster

Great , just when i thought i was done, along comes this! Man thats gonna be a hard one to resist.I love the LP boost pedal, barber is just top shelf, I want one already! :dude :AOK Teleblaster.

Slick51

Colonel Curmudgeon
Silver Supporting Member
It'll be interesting to see what changes are finalized, compared to the first BU. I have Burn Unit number 6...many have come and gone, but it's still here. My Texas Two Steps (ser #6, Donner Flag box; TTS2 with gain pot; and Tour Pro) are the only things that routinely kick the BU around/off my board.

Slick51

Ed Alvarado

Wow, that was an unexpected gas attack. I have the early BU II that's been on my board for a long time now and the small fry will be ordered as soon as it's available.

Matt Gordon

Ed Alvarado said:
Wow, that was an unexpected gas attack. I have the early BU II that's been on my board for a long time now and the small fry will be ordered as soon as it's available.
I've had the BU-II for a long time (since they were first available) and I've actually tried to replace it with something better. Hasn't happened. I might have to pop for this one as well. :JAM

fractal

Wow, this is really interesting. I really like my Barber/Clark Gainster, but wanted something that would have two different gain levels/drives in it. I was looking at a number of solutions (including the original Burn Unit) but this might be the cheapest way to go - considering I like the Gainster. I can't wait to hear more. The only bad thing would be that it would take two stomps to switch sounds. (OTOH, I could have three potential sounds, instead of two...)

GuitarNorton

I've had an orginal Burn unit (#53) that has stayed on my board since 99. One of my favorite drive pedals. The new one looks interesting. Think I want an LTD first though.

Top Bottom