new Bats Brew album out now: "Elemental"

batsbrew

It’s a collection of free feeling and imagination... and a celebration of guitar.
i ran with a little bit of everything, and tried to make every adventure pay off.

different than the previous 4 Bats Brew albums, this is all instrumental.

to describe the songs, upfront they are rock and roll... but have a vibe like old school deep cuts, the whole album is paced to listen to from front to back, and take a trip inside your head, somewhere maybe you haven't been before.

Elemental Links

Bandcamp:

Apple Music:

Amazon:

Direct from Bats Brew via PAYPAL:
email me: batsbrew@gmail.com
i'll hook you up with digital downloads,mp3 to high def.
$7.00 any file type.

a couple of tunes from the album:
"Poppin' Tight"

please support your virtual local musician!

Last edited:

batsbrew

i used a lot of the comments from my posting of the demos over the last few months, for this album, to get to the final product.
it was great bouncing ideas off of people, it helped me focus on certain things, having that feedback.

interesting recording note:
the guitars and bass tracks on all the songs of this album, were done using a Strymon Iridium, direct into interface.

just because :)

Excellent tones! As a guy who loves modelers (Currently own Axe III, Helix Floor and HXStomp) but is more of a mid to low gain kind of guy- your sound is right in my wheelhouse.

I was thinking about getting a Iridium for my analogue pedal board - this may push me over the edge!
Again, great tones and great songs! (Love the swagger)

kyolic

Wow! That's great music and great tones! The guitar is sounding fantastic with perfect balance, each note is heard clearly but without dominating the mix. Excellent job mate, just excellent in all terms.

I'll go further and claim this as "how electric guitar should sound". I don't care how one achieves it (modeler, tube amp, transistor amp, guitar DI into mixer, etc.). All I have to say is that this is IT!

Last edited:

batsbrew

Excellent tones! As a guy who loves modelers (Currently own Axe III, Helix Floor and HXStomp) but is more of a mid to low gain kind of guy- your sound is right in my wheelhouse.

I was thinking about getting a Iridium for my analogue pedal board - this may push me over the edge!
Again, great tones and great songs! (Love the swagger)
alright captain!
glad you are diggin' this album,
i think the iridium is so smart,
because it's so simple, and doesn't try to do too much.
i really dig it.
i have a Revv G3 pedal now, got it after the album was done, that does SUPER HIGH GAIN stuff, and when pairing it with a clean fender deluxe model,
thru a 4x12 cabinet,
it sounds huge.

but more on that pedal later....

batsbrew

Wow! That's great music and great tones! The guitar is sounding fantastic with perfect balance, each note is heard clearly but without dominating the mix. Excellent job mate, just excellent in all terms.

I'll go further and claim this as "how electric guitar should sound". I don't care how one achieves it (modeler, tube amp, transistor amp, guitar DI into mixer, etc.). All I have to say is that this is IT!
hi Kyolic! thank you for the listen...
i worked quite a bit on those guitar tones...
tho, as i continue to experiment, i'm finding newer tones i like even better.
i spend a lot of time on the mixes, to try to make the mix moves seem transparent, or even invisible.

i've been a tube amp guy for so long...
i mean, a real long time.

playing with a modern unit like this,
is nothing short of inspiring.

Just listening to the two tracks above, really good.

Proves Pete Thorn’s answer to the perennial ‘which modeler’ question, i.e. ‘they’re all good, it’s up to your creativity to use them well’.

Mango Positive

Gold Supporting Member
Now I want an Iridium. Jerk.

Just kidding... I've got a QC on the way and a Kemper here with me now. I'm probably good.

Probably.

Oh yeah... edit: Sounds amazing.

batsbrew

Wow - wonderful playing, tones and writing! Well done!
hi mip! thanks so much! there's a lot to unpack on this album.

Just listening to the two tracks above, really good.

Proves Pete Thorn’s answer to the perennial ‘which modeler’ question, i.e. ‘they’re all good, it’s up to your creativity to use them well’.
pete always does such great demo's of gear,
but he's so good at it,
he can take almost any product and make it shine.
so yea,
you get what you get, and then get to work.
the gear should never be the excuse.

it just so happens that for me, to use a modeler, is a big shift in how i work.

tube amps for 40 years, i know them well,
but this Iridium thing?! i'm coming around...

batsbrew

another tune:

Apollo 18: the Gemini, and then the Apollo missions that ran thru the 60’s to the 70’s, was an amazing time in my mind; Apollo 18 would have traveled to the Copernicus Crater, but it never happened, and the Apollo program was retired. A bittersweet melody runs thru this song, as the ending of the Apollo program was just as bittersweet.

Trending Topics