• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New Bigsby issues need help

highrise

I just got a Bigsby B5, Vibramate, and Roller Bridge for my LPJr.

I installed everything and it all works...but I can't adjust my bridge low enough to get proper string action.

It was a Nashville bridge and the replacement A) will only fit one way....B)won't slide all the way to the bottom of the posts.

Any thoughts?

Tinman

This might not be Dan Erlewine approved, but you could file the post holes in the roller bridge a bit so the bridge slides down farther.

highrise

Thanks man,

The bridge posts are as deep as they go.

It's acting like the posts are \ / and not l l....or something. It hangs up and the bridge wont go on at all if it's turned with screws facing stopbar...if the bridge adjustment screws are facing the neck, it will slide on, but not go all the way down.

highrise

This might not be Dan Erlewine approved, but you could file the post holes in the roller bridge a bit so the bridge slides down farther.

Reread and actually comprehended...

Ummm....could I buy some replacements for ABR's or something? Do ABR's and Nashvilles use different diameter pins?

I have a Gotoh on my Wolfgang that won't fit my Nashville on this guitar.

Tinman

I am talking about enlarging the holes on the bridge. That will allow the bridge to slide down to the flanges on the posts.

highrise

I am talking about enlarging the holes on the bridge. That will allow the bridge to slide down to the flanges on the posts.

I guess I didnt' really comprehend, after all...:drinkstory of my life.

I THINK I do now...and if so, I know I'm not qualified for that. I'd rather not modify this just yet...I mod lots of my stuff and half the time I budger it up in the process.

Could this be an issue where the replacement bridge is designed to replace an ABR-1 and since my guitar has a Nashville, the posts are different diameters? If so...

Do you think this could work?

http://store.guitarfetish.com/nabstforusag.html

highrise

And what would be the best way to enlarge said holes?

I have basic electric hand tools.

OlAndrew

There's two different diameters of posts, 4mm and 6mm. There's also variation in the distance between the posts. You need to measure these carefully, like maybe with a vernier caliper, before you order your bridge.

If you gotta work with what ya got, the Harley fix is to use a fine rat-tail file, like from a jeweler's file set, and work out clearance where you need it. I wouldn't want to use power tools, except maybe to drill a hole out larger.

highrise

There's two different diameters of posts, 4mm and 6mm. There's also variation in the distance between the posts. You need to measure these carefully, like maybe with a vernier caliper, before you order your bridge.
Got it second-hand...

If you gotta work with what ya got, the Harley fix is to use a fine rat-tail file, like from a jeweler's file set, and work out clearance where you need it. I wouldn't want to use power tools, except maybe to drill a hole out larger.
I'll try to find some of those.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Topics