New Blue Vox

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by dascher, Feb 16, 2012.

1. dascher

dascher Member

I was at GC yesterday and they were talking about this new Vox that was blue, im guessing it has the CBlues speakers. They look pretty nice. Anyone played one of these yet?

2. dascher

dascher Member

So the Vox Blue has Greenbacks :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao
    But they do look pretty cool

3. jimmyohio75

jimmyohio75 Member

Looks cool! I have never owned a Vox amp. Someone fill me in.....How are the cleans? I suppose you would need a pedal for higher gain stuff?

4. Prerequisite

Prerequisite Member

The cleans are really chimey, they sound really good (especially in the Heritage versions). If you crank it you can get very Marshall-y gain tones.

5. 72Telecaster

72Telecaster Silver Supporting Member

Looks sooo sweet. Love that grill cloth. Should have set the price about $749 and threw a Blue in there to seal the deal!

and jimmyohio75 - chimey cleans, EL84 grinding goodness. Probably won't do metal, but think upper mid-rangey grit and chime - nails U2 tones.

6. jimmyohio75

jimmyohio75 Member

Everyone describes Vox tones by throwing U2 out there.. That's actually a big turnoff for me. I don't dislike U2 but my band plays heavier darker original stuff along the lines of Clutch and Rage Against the Machine. Might be cool to have a Vox to mess around with at home. I must be getting old :huh because I'm starting to play a lot of clean(er) stuff when noodling around at home. I need to go to GC and play one of these sometime.

7. dascher

dascher Member

I have the AC15 right now. It takes pedals really well also. This paired with the Fulltone OCD has really given me a more 90's tone. Just not sure if thats exactly what im looking for right now

8. mAx___

mAx___ Member

For me too, and I like U2 a lot. But it's not the example I believe better describes the VOX sound.

9. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

No diferent than last years's Red version I take it.
    cool amp.

10. solitaire

solitaire Senior Member

Can definitelly do some high gain stuff. Has a brighter and janglier quality than a Marshall, yet in a choppier way. Need I mention Brian May of Queen use Vox AC30s and that Oranges and Hiwatts are based on the Vox circuitry...(?)