new boomerang looper??

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by staplek, Jun 27, 2006.

1. staplek

staplek Member

has anyone heard any updates on wether boomerang will have a new looper for NAMM? i tried to email mikell at boomerang to get some info, but no luck.

2. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

It would have to be pretty crazy to match the Electro-Harmonix 2880... True stereo looping, 2 tracks per side... Plus, after I get that, I could slave an RC-50 to that to additionally loop keyboard and acoustic guitar. I would be very interested to see what Boomerang may/may not come up with to thwart the 2880 and RC-50. Looperlative seems really cool as well, but not the direction I'm ready to go just yet.

3. staplek

staplek Member

Is the 2880 user friendly for live looping? the buttoms seems very small and it looks like one would have to bend down and use their hands a lot. i have never used one, this is just from pics

4. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

There is an expansion pedal that has all of the controls in footswitch form, it's like $150 or something. The HOG has one, too and you can use an expression pedal for the whammy/LPF/what have you as well. I would think that the expansion pedal is a must for either pedal, so you can manage looping live with the 2880 and save six presets on the HOG (seven if you count what's on the actual pedal's faders when all six saved presets are deselected.

-Steve

5. PlexiBreath

PlexiBreath Member

Are there any rumors of the new features of this Boomerang Looper?

6. staplek

staplek Member

Ive always read that one of the strngths of the boomerang is its ease of use for guitarists in the live setting. If anybody out there is using the 2880, please comment on its operation!

thanks

7. drolling

drolling Member

Yeah, got the Boss RC-20, 20XL and the DigiTech JamMan, and I still prefer the big old bulky funky sounding Boomerang+ for live looping, so I'd be very interested in a new, updated, upgraded 'Rang.

LoopersDelight.com's got a mailing list w/lots of info on both the new Boss RC-50 & the EH 2880. This crowd's notoriously tough on manufacturers, and pretty much kick the stuffing out of everything that's come out since the Gibson/Oberheim EDP..

But there's good reading material there. And they'll answer just about any question you submit to the mailing list.

There are some reviews of these new loopers at Harmony Central that you might want to check out, as well..

8. staplek

staplek Member

another member got this from looperdelight.com.

Mike from Boomerang posted a short teaser on the new Boomerang on the loopersdelight forum a few months ago. Someone should mail him and get some more facts and time of release.

"We will be releasing a non-looping pedal at the summer NAMM show
    and will follow quickly with a new Rang(TM) sampler based on the same hardware.

It will be 2/3 the size of the Rang, less expensive and WAY more powerful:

superb audio specs,
    super low noise floor,
    long record time,
    true stereo,
    multi level undo/redo,
    more loops
    and a slew of different utility features such as
    a built in octave down effect for creating bass lines
    and a metronome with volume control."

Which led to a post with following questions (and more will come)
    "Just wondering if there is going to be feedback control and midi clock sync capabilities Any other details you could provide would be appreciated. And price?"

T.

9. PlexiBreath

PlexiBreath Member

Thanks! Sounds like it will be real good. I hope you don't have to have a programming degree to operate it, which is what happens to many cool products when more features are added. But the smaller size is what attracts me.

10. threm

threm Member

That was me if I memory still serves me. The two mails below from Boomerang Mike is still all I know

"We will be releasing an effects pedal at the summer NAMM show and following that with a new looper in Oct 06. The looper will have true stereo recording, vastly improved audio specs, long record time, 6 loops, multi level undo/redo, multiple loops can play synched or
    unsynched, and a slew of "utility" features such as an octave down effect for creating bass parts, auto fade out, metronome, etc. It will be roughly half the size of the Rang(TM) Plus!"

"We will be releasing a non-looping pedal at the summer NAMM show and will follow quickly with a new Rang(TM) sampler based on the same hardware.
    It will be 2/3 the size of the Rang, less expensive and WAY more powerful: superb audio specs, super low noise floor, long record time, true stereo, multi level undo/redo, more loops, and a slew of different utility features such as a built in octave down effect for creating bass lines and a metronome with volume control."

11. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I'll probably pick one of those up. The Boomerang has the best looping layout period but I was just never sold on a couple issues with it (playback, easily overloaded).

12. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I'll wait on this... a 2880 will drop into my setup perfectly, if the Boomerang can do it (or more) for less and with less space, I'm down... I won't feel too disloyal to EH with Boomerang2 or whatever it will be called if I still have the POG and Deluxe Memory Man (and a full-fledged HOG w/ expansion & expression pedals hopefully).