• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

NEW BOOST PEDAL FROM RADIAL!!!!!!

Mr.Woody

Ok, so there is a new boost pedal coming out from Radial Engineering and i'm soooo freaking excited about it. I have their Switchbone ABY which has a boost circuit on one side which is out of this world. So clean/transparent with a mid hump switch (for 0db,5db,and 10db), and i can't live without it. I stopped using the ABY part of the pedal when i got down to just one amp, but it never leaves my board.

Anyway, i had emailed last summer/spring asking them about the possibility of them ever producing a boost like their PB-1 except having the added mid controls. They said they were in the middle of designing one. So now it's approved for production and will we called.........The Elevator!

I'm hoping it is awesome! The PB-1 booster is $139, so i'm assuming the Elevator will be around $170-200, but no clue yet. it will run on a 9v power supply as opposed to the 15v some of their stuff uses.

Looks like one side is the boost with the level (read gain) and mids control, and the other contains the "drag/drive" functions and the ability to switch between true bypass and the drive setting. The drag control helps load the pickups much like a length of cable would. Not sure what all that means, but i know for me, it just seemed like a glorified presence control. I think he said in the video that the drive setting controls the amount of buffer, but i could be wrong.

Here's the vid from NAAM

Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know that :)

Cheers,
Woody

Last edited:

Gold Supporting Member
When you say JB-1 you mean PB-1, right?

Anyway the Elevator looks great! I love my PB-1. It's quite simply the best at what it does compared to anything else I've tried. Very transparent and powerful boost. I wish Radial got a little more love on effects forums. Thanks for posting!

Mr.Woody

sorry, yes i mean the PB-1. Thanks for that. And yes, if the PB-1 had a mid boost function, i would have bought one a long time ago. Sad thing about it is that i feel like it will probably cost closer to $200 which is what i could sell my switchbone for. i was hoping to sell it and have some $ left over after buying the new boost. Then do you even bother selling the ABY with the boost just to swap it out for a boost pedal at the same price with no ABY capabilities?

Anyways, i agree with you, i wish Radial got more love on TGP

Trending Topics

Top Bottom