• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

new born Knaggs Kenai

belcebu69

Well, finished,shipped and on the way to UK (we'll see what happens at customs with the new,and needed rosewood regulations..)
I have to admit that I am a bit scared,never tried one (no a single one in London..) so it was a blind buy,
I just hope it gives me the punch I need with the clarity I miss..
but I CAN'T WAIT!​

Chuckracer

Silver Supporting Member
"...punch and clarity..." YUP, sounds like a Kenai to me. :) Congrats! Hope the wait isn't too terrible.

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member

Well, finished,shipped and on the way to UK (we'll see what happens at customs with the new,and needed rosewood regulations..)
I have to admit that I am a bit scared,never tried one (no a single one in London..) so it was a blind buy,
I just hope it gives me the punch I need with the clarity I miss..
but I CAN'T WAIT!​
Can't see the pic.

belcebu69

oops!
sorry guys,it's my first posted thread and it seems I haven't been able to attached the pic,
I have uploaded from photo bucket but no luck..
how do u guys do it??

belcebu69

Ah,I see..
for me it has been between this one or a les Paul,
I just hope that it doesn't lack in the punch department,
the reissues that I tried had the punch but they just didn't have the "lively" response I wanted..
and I really love the look of the Kenai!

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
If I could point out one thing that's wrong with my Knaggs Severn it would be....uh well...hmm um...Ok I give up, have had it a few years and still can't think of a single thing I don't love about it :aok

mikealpine

Gold Supporting Member
That looks beautiful! I have a Choptank Teletank waiting on some minor rehab, but even in its kind of cruddy condition, it sounds great! Hopefully yours will be all you want and more!

belcebu69

Thanks guys!
it does look waaaay better than I expected,
being a tier 3 I wasn't expecting this top!
we'll see about those Duncan 59 though..I had them on a Hamer studio years ago and I never found peace with them..
have you guys swapped the 59 for something on those Kenais?
big difference?
I have yet to find a bad review about this musical instruments..
and Peter Wolf was/is an amazing guy to deal with,
an absolute pleasure,

Tonebender

Silver Supporting Member
Wow that is gorgeous!

Are you going with gold or nickel hardware? I saw a Knaggs with the same finish and gold parts. Looked really unique and classy!

belcebu69

thank you tonebender!
I'm going with all nickel hardware with black uncovered pickups with this one,
I just dig the nickel on trans black better,
I saw a couple with gold hardware and they were beautiful but for me is all nickel !

Chuckracer

Silver Supporting Member
I'm digging the transparent black flame...beautiful!
I swapped the bridge 59 for a Duncan 59/Custom hybrid (SH16) which is cool - the 59 neck is pretty nice...but both are about to be replaced with Bare Nuckle Rebel Yell set, because I'm curious. :)

mikealpine

Gold Supporting Member
I'm not in a position to really offer a "good" opinion, not owning this guitar, but this is a guitar forum, so I'll offer two thoughts. One is to wait and see how it all sounds before making a decision on changing. They are such good builders, I'd think they'd try to pair up pickups they think sound best with the guitars they build. Second thought, a little off the beaten path, explore Railhammer pickups. I put a HyperVintage bridge and a Neuvo 90 neck into my Carvin, and the guitar sounds awesome.

belcebu69

I'm digging the transparent black flame...beautiful!
I swapped the bridge 59 for a Duncan 59/Custom hybrid (SH16) which is cool - the 59 neck is pretty nice...but both are about to be replaced with Bare Nuckle Rebel Yell set, because I'm curious. :)
that's pretty interesting,
I had the revel yell,the nailbom and last and still have it the mule,
they were all fitted in an esp eclipse custom with ebony board and the one remaining there is the mule(plus a p90 on the neck slot)
The Rebel yells are great pickups but for me a bit "too compressed"

belcebu69

I'm not in a position to really offer a "good" opinion, not owning this guitar, but this is a guitar forum, so I'll offer two thoughts. One is to wait and see how it all sounds before making a decision on changing. They are such good builders, I'd think they'd try to pair up pickups they think sound best with the guitars they build. Second thought, a little off the beaten path, explore Railhammer pickups. I put a HyperVintage bridge and a Neuvo 90 neck into my Carvin, and the guitar sounds awesome.
Very true!
I was going to wait and see how those 59 sound,
I also share your view on the pickups they have chosen,
ultimately,THEY are the wizards!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom