New boss GT 1 MFX pedal

paulitk

most demos i have heard have been decent for a unit this price
It really does sound great. I didn't expect to like the distortion, overdrive, or preamps at all, and those even impressed me. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for in a MFX, and I pondered taking it back, but it's so useful as a headphone practice tool, and interface, I'm keeping it. I just need to play around with it to get it to be more pedalboard friendly with my other stompboxes. I'll probably buy a LS-2 sometime soon to get past the bypass issues.

erikm5150

Those tones in the OD vid are way better than they should be!
I'm assuming these are recorded direct with the stock cab sims?

jageya

i just know that the sub 200.00 unit for what it offers is amazing value. I mean i hear line 6 go on and on about" we cant make the hd500 now for $500" and things like this yet the demos i have heard of the gt-1 are pretty decent-limited compared to the big boys but for what you get at that pricepoint is pretty impressive.

I should also say the same for the katana amps. ROLAND/Boss is on a roll. Line 6 has never had me this excited about products before. I am no fan boi and i know both gt-1 and katana have short comings and may not be the end all be all but my point is for a very minimal investment where even resale isnt that important its somewhat a no brainer to look at these products seriously and for FUN. To me thats the number 1 thing that holds my attention with products is the fun because of ease of use-decent tone and extreme value~

Last edited:

joec63

Silver Supporting Member
i just know that the sub 200.00 unit for what it offers is amazing value. I mean i hear line 6 go on and on about" we cant make the hd500 now for $500" and things like this yet the demos i have heard of the gt-1 are pretty decent-limited compared to the big boys but for what you get at that pricepoint is pretty impressive.

I like Boss gear but let's not lose sight of what the GT 1 is. Repackaged tech in a form factor with considerably less functionality than the GT-100 as one would expect. That's not a slight as it meets a demand for lower cost units. At the same time though L6 is taken to task for repackaging IP. Seems like a disconnect

jageya

ok..what i meant is for the little cost if is likely a fun headphone unit to create with...like my adrenelinn3 or tonelab se....

mcfly85

Boss tend to use some weird descriptions (to me) when it comes for labeling knobs. I wasn't aware what 'Direct level' means. It appears that this is famous dry/wet mix, but for some reason the only delay that has this option is the 'Sub delay' under FX1/2 category and Terra echo. I completely don't understand this decision as it is inconsistent with other delay types. Hope that they eventually release firmware update, very shortsighted IMO.

erikm5150

I've been reading the manual and it seems that the 'up' and 'down' buttons cannot be reassigned to anything else.. is this true??
I am hoping i just missed something... is there a "stomp box mode' or something like that?
My grand plan is to get the GT-1 and the FS6 and have 5 pedals on/off for certain effects. This doesn't seem like a possibility though??
thanks in advance!

ksandvik

I've been reading the manual and it seems that the 'up' and 'down' buttons cannot be reassigned to anything else.. is this true??
I am hoping i just missed something... is there a "stomp box mode' or something like that?
My grand plan is to get the GT-1 and the FS6 and have 5 pedals on/off for certain effects. This doesn't seem like a possibility though??
thanks in advance!
Only way I know of is to assign the foot pedal to turn on/off effects based on position. Or extend with more foot controllers. This is not a stomp box friendly model.

jageya

jageya witch multifx do you own and owned?
i own the tonelab se- still like it with a sonic maximiser in the insert on it...Had the hd500x and me-80 and mustang floor in the past. Had a tonelab le but i thought the se sounded better even after tube changes. Had a boss gt-8 years ago. Have a vg-8ex and a vg-99...i had the zoom g5 and sold it last year in hopes to get the g5n but i am waiting to see if they will release more ambient effects from the cdr70( i use). And i have the gt-1 coming this week sometime. Had pod xt many years ago as well...v-amp...and a johnson model amp long ago...still have my cybertwin se combo and a line6 spidervalve mk2 2-12 combo i like as well as my older vox vtx150 and blue vtx120 head and combo(2) and ad60 vtx combo and my ad 4-12 cabs with neodogs( yea i really liked the old vtx amps and still do.

jageya

Only way I know of is to assign the foot pedal to turn on/off effects based on position. Or extend with more foot controllers. This is not a stomp box friendly model.
wonder if it can be updated via software for it to be more stompbox friendly?

ksandvik

wonder if it can be updated via software for it to be more stompbox friendly?
You need to talk to Boss about it, they seldom add new functionality to a new product. Get a used ME-80 or wait maybe 12 months for the ME-80 replacement that might or might not happen.

jageya

or when the gt-2 comes out..lol....I would be curious to see hiw the g5n compares to the gt-1...overall

ksandvik

or when the gt-2 comes out..lol....I would be curious to see hiw the g5n compares to the gt-1...overall
I think the GT products are designed for preset based setups and ME are for knob-tweaking systems similar to pedalboard/pedal setups. Doubt those two will merge.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom