Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Takk, Jan 24, 2018.
This is the same with Boss GT-1.
I'm torn between this and the $99 Zoom MS-50. Talk about confusion..
Get Boss GT-1 is $100 more but worth it.
Oh my, that's the color screen mock up i made HIHIHI, either the guy who made the vid doesn't know it has a monochrome screen or he is trying to fool everyone...
Let me explain what happened, as best I can.
1) Hippietime starts trashing the GT1000 and claiming that its far inferior to the AXE, that the design is convoluted and it doesnt provide any groundbreaking features.
2) In good faith, I try to level set and explain that Boss was the originator of many of the performance controls that he enjoys in the AXE and that it is at the level of the AX8. He then starts "challenging" the ability of the GT, saying first that it can't do "auto engage", then moving on to claiming it can't do some other fairly complicated routing/control things.
3) I explain exactly how these things are done in the GT100 and suggested that they were most likely in the GT10, to which hippytime doubles down and says these were in the AXE from the beginning, and then lists a host of other control features that aren't in the GT.
4) Gumtown then creates a post detailing the history of the Boss processors and control options, which pretty much refutes what hippitime has been saying. At this point, I thought it was clear to anyone reading the thread that Boss has been a leader in performance controls, and that claims that the GT1000 needed a ground up redesign were unfounded; its already at a pro level.
5) I sent hippitime a PM with the title "Dude, you got schooled." (no message). Rather than gloat in the public thread, I thought I would be best to take it offline.
6) Hippitim sends back a wall of text rant claiming that he was just baiting and trolling me because it was entertaining. (for the lulz)
7) I send back a short PM saying that I was trying to argue the merits of the GT1000, and that if he was indeed trolling that he needs to get a life. (Im not sure he was trolling, I think he just lost the argument and wanted to save face.) I told him he came off as angry, entitled, and somewhat delusional.
8) I get another long PM from him doubling down that he was just trolling and telling me that I am the one who is angry and delusional.
9) I don't respond. He had his say, I don't need to say anything else at this point. He's shown that he's being intentionally destructive so I just let it be; he's not worth my time.
10) Hippitime brings his hostility back to the main thread by taunting me, which I see in my alerts. I respond that hes a "hateful little dweeb".
The reason I am explaining this is because the forum does not have the benefits of the PM exchange. I was legitimately trying to debunk his attacks on the GT1000. He went apeshit in a series of PMs that no one saw. When he didn't get the satisfaction he wanted, he took it back to the public forum, to which I called him a "hateful little dweeb." Given his behavior in the thread and the PMs, and the admission that he was intentionally baiting and trolling for entertainment value, I think "hateful" is a pretty accurate description.
Was he really trolling? I think originally he believed the new GT was far inferior to his beloved AX8, but when that was disproved, he went scorched earth.
If people don't like my Boss fanboyism (which I have tempered by saying that I think the Helix LT looks more complete at this point) thats ok, but also understand that I was not trolling or intentionally trashing another user. I'm not the one who caused the thread to derail.
I as well am noting that they were not including the full selection of amps which were included on my boss GT-100 (V2). In particular the Orange Rockerverb which is my favorite. Hoping this amp will be included in a future firmware update.
This is why the ignore list comes in handy. Anyone who comes here just to trash a product is not worth reading. I don't want an AX8 or any fractal product, period, but I don't feel the need to trash them in their threads. All they want is to argue and case trouble - modern trolling is no longer open bullying, it's under-and; winding people up, making sneaky comments that appear innocent but obviously target an individual or group, basically trying to stay within the rules but pushing others to react in a way that lies outside of the rules, and it's pathetic. Just ignore them. It's not worth trying to "one up" or score points, that person who makes study remarks isn't making you look bad and you responding doesn't make you look better and knock them off a pedestal, if you don't respond people will see that the other one was the one being a dooooooosh. Even if they do say something that embarrasses you in front of a bunch of strangers, if you ignore them then you'll never know.
BTW that dude Joshua Munday has stated that the GT 1000 doesn't use GT 100 amps and is superior in every way and his recording didn't come out correctly - probably the issue with all these demos, if the unfinished FW is to blame.
What a crock of ****. I’m not going to waste my time responding in detail because you are so far out of touch it would be pointless.
Lol! Great Sunday morning reading! My hands are torn up from gigging( making money with my gear and my voice) teaching( 8 hours a day 5 days a week) rehearsing my Robin Trower tribute( no modeler silliness involved) and practicing by myself. For the love of Fractal/ Line 6/ Zoom/ Boss etc...please dont stop!
Trower tribute!?!? You are my hero. I love Trower. He’s why I always have a vibe in my rig
Please tell me you play About to Begin.
Now all Boss needs to do is offer tones that warrant all that deep parameter control they innovated. You either get along with their modeling or you don't and no amount of LFO controlled negative feedback resistor bias controllability is going to fix that.
The problem is the fanboi'ism in the thread is very real, some just can't take the fact that the GT-1000 was probably rushed to NAMM and sounded pretty meh for a $1k unit. The Hellix LT and even the HR were a more mature product at ship date. I have a feeling BOSS were simply just under the gun and did the best they could. They should've passed on NAMM with the GT-1000. That's all I'm saying, if BOSS gets there act together before ship and proves it's work $1k then awesome. Until then it's all smoke and mirrors. If I only had $1k to spend on a modeler I'd sure as hell just spend the extra $400/500 and just get a Helix. If the device fails out the gate it won't be good for them. And I BTW love BOSS. Just being real here.
I love Boss, and at the same time can accept that - for example - auto engage is a cool and useful feature that can be approximated by Boss controls but not exactly replicated.
There’s just no need to bring any of this stuff to a personal level.
[climbs off soapbox]
Preach on brotha 4b454e from the mount!!!!
That's so cool! I wish i could play guitar too.
Here is another supposed GT-1000 video, again posted by the same Russian dude that posted another, again with no camera footage.
Claims to have brought the GT-1000 at the show.
The video was posted about the same date as the GT-1000 was first shown at NAMM
colin willcocks18 hours ago
Fake - this is not on sale until April 2018
Самое Лучшее10 hours ago
I buy at the show ... ha ha ha
Pfft. I highly doubt your Trower tribute can match my virtuosic* take of Touch and Go
*this recording was done as a parody and a homage to a guy i knew on another forum where all his contributions sounded like this
This is better than most stuff I hear on here... lulz