New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

xela1

Regarding Helix, I did not give it proper attention and I did'nt bond well with the unit and sent it back to Sweetwater when it was first released. It has gone through software changes since.

i too did the same thing. I knew within hours the unit(helix) wasnt for me tone wise. It was released very poorly with basically not ready software and tones. I have gone to gc and played with the latest firmware one for a few hours and its improved but still i couldnt bond with it. Maybe i am impatient? Maybe I am just a guy that knows what tone is decent for him(subjective) and can tell quickly? I think any unit needs to be plug and play and great tones from the get go for me to bond.Like an amp where you walk up plug in and tweak the front panel to your liking. Every modeler should have this from the getgo. The whole deeper tweaking park should be for anal retentive-ocd guys who need that depth as some sort of security or justification of price or ability of the unit.
Sounds harsh but for many people this is the turn off of these units. And i know as its software like windows or mac it has a ton of hidden features and do -dads in it to make the users experience more fun and efficient. I wonder if a company made a very simple modeler if it could still justify the high prices without all the bloat?

PAH

@slotools - does the GT-1000 have any ventilation holes on the bottom? I've always like that the other GT's didn't need vent holes for air (and dust) to flow through - one of the advantages to having an external power supply.

Also, do the input/output meters have any sort of peak indication (e.g. floating peak bars) or clip indication (other than just pegging the full length of the meter)?

Thanks

Nhoj

I hope you know this as fact...if he does then this is a flawed thread.

I love brands and companies that make innovations and help musicians for their tools. But what im happy about i can say whatever i want in terms of constructive criticim and not bias to any.

Btw i dont know, dont really care, its funny how other people react here.:sarcasm

slotools

Maybe I am just a guy that knows what tone is decent for him(subjective)

Great quote-I know what I like, nobody can show me on a video-

I found a patch that I will tweak for my basis of clean- and my clean is dirty when I lean into it. I set this up on my GT1- natural clean amp - compress and added hair, plus Tera delay on footpedal. I back off on guitar vol and add acordingly.

I tried the wah and it seems improved, I use Fulltone anyway. (i prefer the standard over deluxe model.)

Nhoj

this is likely true as on youtube and on the internet overall in many diff areas not just music gear.

Just a eye opener, ive talked also and got info from my friend worked as a consultant of Guitar and Music Gear companies and he said the same thing.

Maybe other people here commenting bias negative criticism is connected to this companies making marketing war being paid off, you know what i mean, its funny ive talked to one employee of Boss, and he said to me , that other people are funny, because have no clue of whats really happening in the music industry overall, Like the Line6 guys now works for Boss.

slotools

Not a fan of the edit screen, Helix is a thing of beauty in that regard. It is just a tool gents, sometimes a crescent and sometimes a monkey wrench. (apologies to line 6)

Nhoj

Not a fan of the edit screen, Helix is a thing of beauty in that regard. It is just a tool gents, sometimes a crescent and sometimes a monkey wrench. (apologies to line 6)

Agreed, Its tools for Musician and People who have love and passion for music.

slotools

@slotools - does the GT-1000 have any ventilation holes on the bottom? I've always like that the other GT's didn't need vent holes for air (and dust) to flow through - one of the advantages to having an external power supply.

Also, do the input/output meters have any sort of peak indication (e.g. floating peak bars) or clip indication (other than just pegging the full length of the meter)?

Thanks
PAH- there is no detectable holes for fan, I do not hear any noise and I have had it on all day. No output meters for live play that I have encountered- I would have to consult the manual to see if there is a mode.

slotools

PAH yes there is a tiny input and an output meter on the top right corner- i missed it- tiny. no peak I can see.

and passes signal when you play so I didn't notice.

PAH

PAH- there is no detectable holes for fan, I do not hear any noise and I have had it on all day. No output meters for live play that I have encountered- I would have to consult the manual to see if there is a mode.
Thanks.
According to all the photos online and the manual, the input meter is in the upper left corner of the screen (play screens, tuner screen, and edit screen with effects chain). The output meter is in the upper right of the same screens. The manual also mentions send/return meters and a compression meter - presumably these show up when you select the corresponding module in the edit screen. The manual makes no mention of peak/clip indications though.

xela1

Just a eye opener, ive talked also and got info from my friend worked as a consultant of Guitar and Music Gear companies and he said the same thing.

Maybe other people here commenting bias negative criticism is connected to this companies making marketing war being paid off, you know what i mean, its funny ive talked to one employee of Boss, and he said to me , that other people are funny, because have no clue of whats really happening in the music industry overall, Like the Line6 guys now works for Boss.

Interesting stuff.I kind of knew this thru the years from the whole feel thing and pricing but i usually replace tuners/pickups and bridges on a guitar that feels good to me.

Isnt it like any industry-its all about the bottom line. And about line6 guys working at boss now: its like any job really- used to work at Lockheed martin and now at Northrop Grumman or worked at att and now at verizon.So i guess its just moving jobs for better pay/work enviorment/location?

ShaunzNoiz

Well, thought I was gonna spend a lot more time with it today, but only got to play it for about 5 minutes before I had to run out the door. Will go back to Guitar Center and play it again tomorrow, but just a few things:

1. As others have said, it is Boss. If you like Boss sounds then you will love this thing. It has power and potential.

2. Besides a few amps (6 or 7), and a few pedals (about 10 i guess) everything else in the unit is Boss. I say this because I don't see Boss doing a lot of updates to this thing in the future. If most of the stuff in the unit are things they have created, what do they need to do a ton of updates for? I think this presents an interesting delima for Boss. What they do is good. Are they going to improve their already impressive tones (If you like Boss tones), or are they going to go the route where they start modeling everyone else? Do you get what I'm saying? They created the DS1. It's in there. They created the OD1. It's in there.

3. Not a fan of the screen. Thats personal. I just can't see it all that well. Maybe it is better in direct sunlight like they claim, but I like the screen on other units better.

There were several people there checking the unit out. We all had the same sentiment that if this unit would have come out before the competition then we all would have bought this one. If you are a Boss user then the pages and menus will be somewhat intuitive.

My personal opinions.

Top Bottom