New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

Bond19

I for one do not give a hoot about the childish rants that are going on in this thread. Frankly, it is getting stale. Nobody really cares if one member works for Boss, or other useless topics..... let the hardware do the talking. As I await the arrival of my pre-ordered GT-1000 Unit, I am thankful for those of you who have posted interesting, thought provoking comments and insight on what this unit can offer. I especially await Glen's next GT-1000 video, and how he plans to use the programmable footswitches, assigns and signal chains, as he is a master at tweaking GT units.

GLDP

Watching that ui on that video has really soured me on it.

It's actually very easy to get around!! You know I've always created ALL of my sounds on the units themselves. It's just a good way to learn how to navigate on the fly in a live situation. Let me give you a prefect example!! so for my lead boost I use one of the 4 available EQ's in this unit. During a gig if I find that my lead boost is not loud enough or if my FOH sound engineer tells me "hey Glenn your lead was loud enough but a little shrill on the high end" I can dial that out in 5 seconds, re-save the patch and BOOM!! Done!! That's one of the things I appreciate about this UI. To my brain it's totally logical.

BrownNote71

Silver Supporting Member
It's actually very easy to get around!! You know I've always created ALL of my sounds on the units themselves. It's just a good way to learn how to navigate on the fly in a live situation. Let me give you a prefect example!! so for my lead boost I use one of the 4 available EQ's in this unit. During a gig if I find that my lead boost is not loud enough or if my FOH sound engineer tells me "hey Glenn your lead was loud enough but a little shrill on the high end" I can dial that out in 5 seconds, re-save the patch and BOOM!! Done!! That's one of the things I appreciate about this UI. To my brain it's totally logical.
Love your work, bought many of your products. Hoping you release some AxeFX3 products soon (that's a great onboard UI on that product btw).
That said, I really wish Boss would follow a generic block model like Fractal, Helix, etc. and let us start patches from scratch. The FX1 FX2 dedicated delay etc. concepts seem outdated to me.

GLDP

Love your work, bought many of your products. Hoping you release some AxeFX3 products soon (that's a great onboard UI on that product btw).
That said, I really wish Boss would follow a generic block model like Fractal, Helix, etc. and let us start patches from scratch. The FX1 FX2 dedicated delay etc. concepts seem outdated to me.

You can totally do this with this unit!! You can Initialize any patch location as a blank slate! (The GT-10 and GT-100 had this ability as well) I will demonstrate this very soon in an upcoming video. Thank you so much for your continued support Sir. I really do appreciate it.

BrownNote71

Silver Supporting Member
You can totally do this with this unit!! You can Initialize any patch location as a blank slate! (The GT-10 and GT-100 had this ability as well) I will demonstrate this very soon in an upcoming video. Thank you so much for your continued support Sir. I really do appreciate it.
Oh that's great news Glenn!
Do you do your own synth parts on your background music?
Any chance you're performing up in the Pacific Northwest anytime soon?
.... are you on the AxeFX3 waiting list?

Last edited:

Sascha Franck

It does have Bluetooth, but it will not be fully working with Ipad Editor wireless with Bluetooth until after the May 2018 GT-1000 Firmware release - which will be the time the BTS for GT-1000 app arrives at iTunes store
https://www.boss.info/us/products/gt-1000/features/

GT-1000_feature.png

So you need THREE software items to operate the unit? And a separate software to load a whooping 4 IRs? Boss has really lost it.

ShaunzNoiz

Can this thing do stomp box mode like the Helix, i.e., converting all 10 footswitches into individual on/off stomp boxes? Couldn’t find that feature when I was playing through it.

Can I create custom signal paths? Maybe I just want 1 amp, a tube screamer and a delay in the signal path. Is there a way to just have those 3 in the edit screen and not have all of those other effects visible/present?

Thanks!

Sascha Franck

Ok, I just noticed that apparently there's still no option to run FX in a parallel chain on the GT-1000 (unless you sacrifice the "global" dual path for it). That will efficiently stop my interest in this thing. If I go for a "full" modeler, I want a great featureset and parallel FX paths are part of that.

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
Ok, I just noticed that apparently there's still no option to run FX in a parallel chain on the GT-1000 (unless you sacrifice the "global" dual path for it). That will efficiently stop my interest in this thing. If I go for a "full" modeler, I want a great featureset and parallel FX paths are part of that.
Isn’t that what Divider/Mixer is for?

DigitalTube

From all the videos i've heard so far the ambient/clean type sounds are pretty nice, but i expected that from Boss, the heavier sounds, sound a bit better the previous Boss units, but still hear that direct sound that most modelers have with the Kemper being the exception .. might still pick one up and decide, i really like how small/portable it is..

hippietim

You can do it with divide/mix.

wedgehed

Argh, I have a message from Prymaxe that the GT-1000 isn’t expected to ship until mid-May :knitting :messedup

@wedgehed can you have your pedalboard give them a talking to?

Yep, I just got the same email. That's OK,my GT-8 & Miku are currently cuddling & smoking cigarettes.

Does this mean our units will arrive fully updated? I hope so.

AZG

Silver Supporting Member
The 4 IR limitation and short looper times suggests the hardware is already short on resources. This doesn’t bode well for future updates. Probably very little space to add much new. Seems a serious oversight (memory is cheap) unless designed obsolescence was a top goal.

As far as the tone samples posted so far I think the spacy stuff sounds good, but the mid to higher gain stuff seems less impressive. Looking forward to hearing more impressions from people after they have a chance to directly compare amp tones on the GT-1000 to the AX8 and Helix.

xela1

I am suprised the headrush looper is so long.What are they doing inside the unit to allow this? I think 10 min max looper would be killer in helix/gt units so one can use the unit in a 1 man band thing.

Top Bottom