New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

Nhoj

Well after a few hours with the unit I can say that I am able to create anything I need and pretty much anything I can imagine. The control you have over your sound is incredible. If you guys thought some of the tones from my first video sounded a bit digital that's because I hadn't applied my tweaks like speaker type, mic type, mic placement etc!! I'll be doing another videos as soon as I get the chance so you can hear the difference. It's like night & day really!! I've got to say 1 thing that is annoying though, the tuner has to be tied to one of the control switches. That sux because that's 1 switch that you can't use for FX. Please tell there is a "HOLD FOR TUNER" function in this thing!!
The also what i notice, btw did you try the IOS app, making patches with it?

stratoskier

I've got to say 1 thing that is annoying though, the tuner has to be tied to one of the control switches. That sux because that's 1 switch that you can't use for FX. Please tell there is a "HOLD FOR TUNER" function in this thing!!

In the GT100, you could boot the tuner with a 2nd press of the same pedal as the current patch. They called that "NumPedal" or similar. In the GT1000 parameter guide p. 27, it shows that "Cur Num" (same number switch as the current patch number) can be an assign source. So.... I presume that would operate just like in the GT100 if you set up an assign to boot the tuner with a 2nd press of the current patch pedal. Think that would work for you?

stratoskier

That is the one functionality short coming I've noticed for my needs. Unfortunately, they also don't support tuner on/off as an assign target (previous GTs had it)

Oh... well then, so much for my suggestion in my previous post! I guess it won't work.

Last edited:

Nhoj

Well after a few hours with the unit I can say that I am able to create anything I need and pretty much anything I can imagine. The control you have over your sound is incredible. If you guys thought some of the tones from my first video sounded a bit digital that's because I hadn't applied my tweaks like speaker type, mic type, mic placement etc!! I'll be doing another videos as soon as I get the chance so you can hear the difference. It's like night & day really!! I've got to say 1 thing that is annoying though, the tuner has to be tied to one of the control switches. That sux because that's 1 switch that you can't use for FX. Please tell there is a "HOLD FOR TUNER" function in this thing!!

The User IR i think is fine for me, but for other people still not satisfied with that, i even know i can make a awesome sounding patch without the IR from viewing the IOS app. But you know the price is only issue for me :D

GLDP

The also what i notice, btw did you try the IOS app, making patches with it?
No I don't use Apple products. 7 years ago I installed iTunes on my video editing computer and the Quicktime codec broke my video editing program to where I could no longer import mov's. :-( That's when I left Apple.

Thank you guys so much for the kind words. I really do appreciate it.

Nhoj

No I don't use Apple products. 7 years ago I installed iTunes on my video editing computer and the Quicktime codec broke my video editing program to where I could no longer import mov's. :-( That's when I left Apple.

Thank you guys so much for the kind words. I really do appreciate it.

The Bluetooth Editor IOS app is available , that why even i dont have one, i can see parameters layout of GT1000, so you are waiting for the Android Bluetooth App?

xela1

[QUOTE="Nhoj, post: 26234185, member: 196209" But you know the price is only issue for me :D[/QUOTE]
you and me both

mmmazzz

Thank you, Glenn. I cannot wait for the next videos. Cheers!

bigcraigie_1

Question on the Bluetooth functionality. Can you stream backing tracks through the gt1000? I don’t see an aux input on the back. Or is Bluetooth solely for the purpose of editing patches?

My current set up is the GT1 and thinking about upgrading to the 1000. A lot of my time is spent with my tablet plugged in the aux for practice/jamming etc, so the lack of an aux in is putting me off.

Nhoj

John dude, you're very welcome and liked here, and a good poster, but be careful.

It is clear to me what is going on here and what the likely end result will be - you're biting to the negative comments and eventually you'll be goaded into either responding in a way that breaks the rules because you get angry or you'll keep responding and be seen as one of the argumentative "bad guys". As they post they're grinning while as you post you're getting angry. Trolls are good at winding people up and enjoy it.

The BEST thing you can do is place them on your ignore list and post on topic about it. To be fair, a lot of your posts here no longer make sense to me as you're responding to posts that I can't see because they are ignored, either for just being people who come to the thread to post negative stuff or for being trolls or unpleasant people elsewhere on the forum - these people aren't just irritating you. Take my advice, which I learnt from someone/somewhere with much more wisdom than I possess but can't discuss here, but do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Just about to watch the GT 1000 videos, can't wait to eventually buy one! :D

Its fine, they didnt know what im my real emotions are, this is only word war nothing else and im used to that here in the internet, btw angry, who angry? im entertained im not the one said it first im just replying back. Lol its funny that i will break rules? who started first?

Name calling by them is a action that make them loose their credibility.

Nhoj

John dude, you're very welcome and liked here, and a good poster, but be careful.

It is clear to me what is going on here and what the likely end result will be - you're biting to the negative comments and eventually you'll be goaded into either responding in a way that breaks the rules because you get angry or you'll keep responding and be seen as one of the argumentative "bad guys". As they post they're grinning while as you post you're getting angry. Trolls are good at winding people up and enjoy it.

The BEST thing you can do is place them on your ignore list and post on topic about it. To be fair, a lot of your posts here no longer make sense to me as you're responding to posts that I can't see because they are ignored, either for just being people who come to the thread to post negative stuff or for being trolls or unpleasant people elsewhere on the forum - these people aren't just irritating you. Take my advice, which I learnt from someone/somewhere with much more wisdom than I possess but can't discuss here, but do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Just about to watch the GT 1000 videos, can't wait to eventually buy one! :D

Honestly people that are name calling when they are out of reasoning is a looser. The loosers started first, im only replying back the :sarcasm

FuzzFacetious

I'm listening to the Glen video above and this thing actually sounds incredible, the metal tones sound killer even though he's using a SC Strat, and that acoustic sim is the best one I've ever heard. This is the unit I've been waiting for for 15 years!

Last edited:

Nhoj

All I am saying is, beware the trap that trolls try to set people up with, ignore them man, they aren't worth it :) Just join in the Boss discussion... BTW I'm listening to the Glen video above and this thing actually sounds incredible, the metal tones sound killer even though he's using a SC Strat, and that acoustic sim is the best one I've ever heard. This is the unit I've been waiting for for 15 years!

Yes thats why i said Glen is one of those who have credible review because he bought.

Nhoj

All I am saying is, beware the trap that trolls try to set people up with, ignore them man, they aren't worth it :) Just join in the Boss discussion..

I know but im not used to blocking people honestly, my good traits in real life im really friendly if you meet me.

FuzzFacetious

That is the one functionality short coming I've noticed for my needs. Unfortunately, they also don't support tuner on/off as an assign target (previous GTs had it), so you can't make an assign for the volume pedal going to 0 to turn on the tuner - which isn't really what I'd want, but it would be a workaround. You can assign one of the 6 knobs to tuner on/off for quick access without eating a footswitch. I'd like to see Bank Down/Hold for Tuner.

I'd also like to see Patch Increment / hold for Patch decrement. On previous GTs I'd set up a few general purpose patches for free form jamming, that I'd use in manual mode, and then a bunch of song specific patches. With the GT-1000's new foot switch assignment scheme replacing manual mode, I can get 8 stop / assign pedals plus patch increment and patch decrement. If they had patch increment / hold for patch decrement, it would free up a footswitch for one more stomp / assign switch. Not as critical as the tuner, but still super useful for me.
I think what I'll do is get two FS7s and have one be set for patch up patch down, and one to tuner and something else (maybe looper), globally for every patch so that the FSs on the unit will all function directly as stomps or assigns, as though I'm using a real pedal board.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom